cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

What is a BT Halo e-ticket

I received an email today "get ready for new BT Halo" with a QR code to scan to add it to my iPhone Wallet.

Being of a certain age, what is a BT Halo e-ticket and how would I use it. I blindly added it to my iPhone Wallet!

The email was BT genuine and passed all security checks as far as I can see.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: What is a BT Halo e-ticket

google

What is a BT Halo E ticket?

A 4G Mini Hub sent to you if your home internet goes down or if you're moving homes. A promise that existing customers won't pay more than new customers signing up for BT Halo. In other words, BT Halo 1 provides all the basics customers need in their homes.24 Nov 2020

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Hi @imjolly 

Yes, I had already Googled it and found the same answer as you which is a description of the old Halo 1 (now defunct) so none the wiser.

Which is the reason why I asked the question on here 😀 which I can only repeat “what is a BT Halo e-ticket and how would I use it?”. With emphasis on the e-ticket.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

I would treat it with suspicion, as the QR code could contain a link to download unwanted code onto your phone. Its easy to be misled by what appears to be a genuine email. I would be inclined to remove the QR code, if you can, before its activated without you being aware.

Google QR code scams.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Hi @Keith_Beddoe   No, it was a genuine email from BT. It had my correct BT ID, account number etc. Do you know anything about the BT Halo e-ticket and it’s use?

Edit: I called 150 to double check and they confirmed that they had sent the email. However the advisor I spoke to didn’t have any real idea what the e-ticket was used for! Our combined guesses is it just an easy way to lookup contact details for BT using Wallet.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

I Bing-ed as opposed to Googled and came up with this site which appears to say an e-ticket is to print out for travelling. What this has to do with Halo I have no idea.

British Telecom Reclaims E-Tickets | Business Travel News

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

An e-ticket is the generic term for any electronic ticket, which is what your search revealed.

It doesn't help with Halo e-ticket however.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

An e-ticket is what you put in Wallet, whatever it does. Scan the QR code with another device to see what it does.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Hi @Dode 

There is nothing (no QR code or anything) on the e-ticket to scan.

9A6BADEF-C3F1-413A-9E46-FDEDEC50A194.png0E4F80A5-6E1F-4559-96B4-069FEBB92562.png

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Just looks like a link to Halo help. More of a BT gimmick. For me it would go in the bin.