cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Why am I getting a message to say that Macafee free trial is ending and I need to purchase it.?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Why am I getting a message to say that Macafee free trial is ending and I need to purchase it.?

Hi @Filosopher,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry for any confusion with your McAfee. Have you made any changes to the account? Take a look at What is BT Virus Protect and how do I get it? and let me know if that helps.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: Why am I getting a message to say that Macafee free trial is ending and I need to purchase it.?

It works and I can run a quick scan or full scan and read the reports however I was under the impression that this comes free with BT Protect. I got another message today saying my free 3 month trial is about to expire and a request for payment .Should I just ignore this message?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

It sounds like the device you have may have had a free trial of McAfee pre-installed and somehow this has been activated when you downloaded and installed BT Protect.

You should have un-installed the McAfee trial prior to downloading BT Protect.

You may have to un-install McAfee and BT Protect then run the McAfee removal tool prior to re installing BT Protect.

See link about un-installing which contains a link to the McAfee removal tool.

I don't want BT Virus Protect anymore. How do I remove it? | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Thanks I will come back to your advice if I get another message and request for payment.
0 Ratings