cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sheryck
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Why am I repeatedly having to re-join BT Fon?

For months I have repeatedly re-joined BT Fon because nearly every time I check my BT Home Hub it says "Not active on your BT Home Hub".  I join, yet again, receive an e-mail stating I am a member, leave my Hub on until my Network and Sharing Centre (Win7) shows BT Fon and Openzone and think that this time I have become a hot spot (a brilliant idea).  (I don't use other's hot spots very often.)  Then, shortly afterwards, next day/a few days later, I am no longer a hot spot when I check!?!?  The only thing I can think of is that when I next set Power Save on the Hub, after knowing I am a hot spot, then this 'kills' the hot spot.  Any comments/help appreciated Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Fonfish
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 14

Re: Why am I repeatedly having to re-join BT Fon?

Hi Sheryck,

I suspect you are having the same problem I've had, which I have posted about in the thread before yours.

Try this: Open the BT Fon app. Although it says you are logged in, you still have to click on 'Opted in' and 'Agree' to the terms and conditions. Then you really will be logged in to BT Fon and you should be able to use it every time.

It's needlessly complicated and horribly confusing for users, but as I say in my post, that seems to be BT's way of doing things.

Hope that works.

Tags (4)
0 Ratings
Fonfish
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 14

Sorry Sheryck,

My previous reply was confusing.

I realise from your post that you are not doing this via a smartphone, but via your PC. Nonetheless, I suspect you have to 'Agree' to the terms and conditions under 'Opted in', and then you'll be truly logged into the BT Fon service.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
sheryck
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 14

Thanks Fonfish, I'll give it a try.

0 Ratings
sheryck
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 14

Well, tried that, says already opted in, and no 'accept button' that I can find.  BT Hub still showing 'not active' ref BT Fon.  I did use FON and Open Reach yesterday out and about without problem, so that part works OK. Just feel a bit mean being able to use it when I can't do same for others??

0 Ratings
sheryck
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 14

Been a long day - I meant to say OpenZone!!
0 Ratings
meman887
Contributor
Message 7 of 14

Well if your signed up to BTFON then you can also use BT Openzone, just a simple matter of using the same login details that you use for FON.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Motto:
Going to kill my HomeHub 2 very soon. 🙂
0 Ratings
sheryck
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 14

Thanks, but I don't see the connection between my question and your answer.Smiley Surprised

0 Ratings
H_Dawg
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 14

That's because there is literally no connection at all.

As you mentioned, it sounds like you have access to the FON service, but your hub is having a problem maintaining it's status as a hotspot.

LIVE THE DREAM! Have your cake and eat it!

0 Ratings
sheryck
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 14

Yup, that's about the sum of it!  But why?  Do others' Home Hubs continually show BT Fon and Open Zone in their lists of possible connections?

0 Ratings