cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roger06
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 14

Why does FON keep logging me out?

I'm so frustrated with BT's claim of millions of hotspots. They either just don't exist, offer unusably slow connection or just disappear.

When I do find a reasonably stable connection it keeps logging me out every few minutes.  Why won't it stay connected? The BT app is also useless, I thought it was suppose to log in automatically to Fon etc?

Can someone please let me know how I can use this service (that I'm paying for) for more than a couple of minutes at a time.

Thanks

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
benwiddowson
Expert
Message 2 of 14

Re: Why does FON keep logging me out?

What device are you using?

0 Ratings
roger06
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 14

Moto G7 Power.

Same issue with previous phone Moto G5, Amazon Fire HD 8 tablet, Apple MacBook Pro... Nothing stays logged in.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 14

assuming you have a BT hub can you connect to your own btwifi network (not home network) and stay connected?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
roger06
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 14

Well it's extremely annoying when my phone does connect to Fon at home, but yes, when it does it stays connected.

I was out of the house yesterday, a BT Fon network was available and I signed in. After a couple of minutes I see the wi fi icon on my phone reports no connection and I have to sign in again. That repeated and repeated!

0 Ratings
roger06
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 14

Any update?

0 Ratings
Bluemoon1
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 14

I get the same problem  connects to my home bt hub no problems but when I am out it never connects to a bt hotspot and when I go to settings on phone and find a bt WiFi available it might connect but then I have to sign in every time, as it says  no internet despite  settings are on connect automatically. My phone is a Honor 10 lite on Android 9.1. 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 14

do you have a setting on your phone which with my S9+  is settings/connections/wifi/advance  which switches to mobile network if the wireless signal is weaker than mobile connection.  my is turned off because it made connecting to wireless when out and about a real problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Bluemoon1
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 14

No nothing on my phone like that. It just has WiFi or Mobile data. If I am on mobile data it should switch to WiFi if any in range. 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 14

@Bluemoon1 

I think according to google search yours is

settings/wifi+/select/ wifi+/ turn off

0 Ratings