cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: HOTSPOT issue - staff replies only please!

they are useless on fones, know NOTHING about broadband or wifi - second lady said she never heard of hotsots or anything like this LOL

made a big mistake moving to BT i think day 28 tomoz may cancel as still have copper line and will wait or Plusnet to get FTTP
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

Hi @snadge 

Thank you for your post and welcome back!

I am sorry for the problems you've had trying to stop your Hub broadcasting the BT Wi-fi with Fon signal.  I understand that my colleagues weren't able to help you with this when you called.  To be completely honest, I am not sure of the mechanisms in the background in terms of what needs to happen to turn off the signal.  From previous experience from dealing with these types of complaints, it can take up to 28 days for it to stop broadcasting.  I accept your point about the message saying a few days and I am sorry about that.

As my colleagues weren't able to help resolve we can pick up from here.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

well 2 months on and it is STILL there - BT WIFI-X

that's a break of T.O.S which allows me to leave without penalty, as they are not letting me OPT-OUT and that's why i signed up - (though i have other methods to be rid of this disaster of an ISP)

5 reps each with a different answer - all didn't know and had to go and ask - one didn't know what i was on about and never heard of a hotspot

it must be VERY EASY to get a CSA job at BT - how many hours training do you get? cos it ain't days or weeks or months (like ours was at Sky)

ridiculous this

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

Hi @snadge 

Thank you for your post and welcome back.

I am sorry that the hotspot is still broadcasting. I did reply above and sent you a message privately at the beginning of December offering to give you a hand to get this resolved.  Accepting my offer of help is entirely your own choice.

Whilst I appreciate what you have said and I am disappointed that you have had to speak with so many people about this; we can't help from here without your account info I'm afraid.  Please reply to my message with the info I've asked for and a member of the mods will personally manage your complaint until you're happy this has been resolved.

If you need me to re-send the message, just let me know.

Thanks and have a good weekend.

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

well i was told 7 days, 10 days 28 days 30 days 31 days, and "don't know what a hotspot is"
5 months on - still broadcasting it
also, a neighbour got BT900 installed and their engineer installed an external NTE on the outside, mine never and fed it straight into the modem AND refused to remove the copper
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

I'm not comfortable watching this exchange.  The Forum is the best help we can get - and give.  Perhaps this can be taken private?

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

@ gspearson - dont watch it then...?

also, I wouldn't say there is much help on this forum or by phone in my honest opinion, there won't be a resolution to this, or, any other problems I have, only if it's disconnected and you need a visit will you get any sort of help, forget about slow speeds, discrepancies, congestion etc...  -  I mean when you call BT staff and they say:

"whats a hotspot? - never heard of them? just turn off your wifi?" (it still broadcasts it anyway!)

what kind of hope do you have?