Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yendrrek
Message 1 of 5

WiFi hotspot not working

Go to solution

Hello, 

The WiFi spot in my area hasn't been working for  past few days. The post code is KW15 1TH

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: WiFi hotspot not working

Go to solution

@yendrrek 

I assume you mean that the BTWifi/FON hotspot you are using has gone?

Most are transmitted from BT Broadband customer`s home hubs, so its possible the one you have been using has been turned off, or the customer has opted out of the service.

They may have gone on holiday and turned it off.

I see the postcode is an airport, so was it BT Openzone you were connected to?

0 Ratings
yendrrek
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Hi, thanks for a quick replay.
I can see 'BT wifi' network on the list of networks, I can connect to it but it doesn't launch my BT app and neither I can load the BT log-in page.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@yendrrek wrote:
Hi, thanks for a quick replay.
I can see 'BT wifi' network on the list of networks, I can connect to it but it doesn't launch my BT app and neither I can load the BT log-in page.

Then if its coming from a BT Broadband customer, then it probably means that their home hub needs rebooting. Its a common problem, but there is nothing you can do about it, apart from to try another hotspot.

What sometimes helps is to delete or "forget" all existing stored BT Wifi connections, and then establish a new connection, as some devices have issues when there are a number of stored connections under the same SSID, but having different BSSIDs.

This is a common issue with Android phones and tablets, but can also affect laptops.

You may find that there are multiple instances of BT Wifi connections that have been remembered.

0 Ratings
yendrrek
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Thanks for your help.
0 Ratings