cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

WiFi hotspot problem

Go to solution

Hi when I log into my account and it connects to internet I then tap hotspot so I can watch TV but it keeps switching off the WiFi and if I turn the hotspot off the WiFi come back on? People keep saying u can't have both on but that's what I thought btwifi was about? I have an android phone Nokia 2.4 thank you

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: WiFi hotspot problem

Go to solution

you can only connect to one wifi signal/network at a time - either your own internet wifi or BTWIFI/Hotspot

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Are you trying to turn your phone into a hotspot?

If you are, when you select this option on the phone it disconnects from your broadband's  wifi and switches the wifi off on the phone. The phone then connects to your 3g/4g phone connection and starts to broadcast a wifi signal from the phone so that other devices can connect to your phone and use its 3g/4g connection.

If you are trying to connect to the BTWifi, it is your phone that is connecting to the BTWifi signal and would as has been said, disconnect from which ever other wifi signal you were connected to.

You would need to connect your TV to the BTWifi connection so that it could use the BTWifi signal.

If it is none of the above can you explain more clearly what you are trying to achieve and what you are doing to try and achieve it.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

But up until my phone did an update I would connect to btwifi with fon? Then put my hotspot on so I could watch my smart TV I have been doing this for months, I don't have home WiFi but pay £15 a month to bt hotspot x

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

I don't have home WiFi I have paid£15 a month on btwifi with fon and when my phone updated the other day I can connect to btwifi but when I put my hotspot on to link to my TV it goes off? X

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@CF01 wrote:

I don't have home WiFi I have paid£15 a month on btwifi with fon and when my phone updated the other day I can connect to btwifi but when I put my hotspot on to link to my TV it goes off? X

That is because the phone can only be used as a hotspot when it is on 3g/4g as per my explanation in message 3. If it used to work prior to an update on your phone it will be due to the phone's update that has stopped that function from working. 

What you will need to do is have your TV connect directly to the BTWifi in the same way as it connected to your phone's hotspot and this will cut out the use of the phone.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you so much I can connect my TV to WiFi xxx

0 Ratings