cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
red67
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

WiFi hotspots ?

What if any plans are there for WiFi hotspots in Halewood in Liverpool ? The nearest one is in Hunts Cross.
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
barnpiece
Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: WiFi hotspots ?

Lots of homes and businesses have HomeHubs which share a little of their WiFi but are not listed as hotspots.

I find wherever I go I often pickup one using the BT Wifi app.

Richard

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

If it is commercial BTWifi hotspots you are asking about it is unlikely that you will get an answer to that question here.   This is a BT residential customer to customer forum. Your post does not go to BT. The only BT staff are the forum moderators who do not necessarily read all the posts.

You could try calling BTWifi Help line  0800 022 33 22 who may be able to answer your question or point you in the right direction to get it answered.

0 Ratings
red67
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

What is the range of a BT Hub ?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

That is a question that can have many answers. Is it out in the open, is it through brick walls, is it through glass, is it through metal framed building etc etc. As a very basic answer, less than 10 meters.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 8

The hotspot finder shows around 100 clustered around Halewood station. They might not all be accessible but the number suggests quite a few should be.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
red67
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Nah none show on my phone or tablet. Would he good if they turned the phonebox on the station into an internet phone like the one in Hunts Cross
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 8

It doesn't show individual hotspots any longer, just a pink shaded area. Probably due to the increased numbers but it's rather hit or miss.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings