cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Wifi Hotspot connection

I am unable to connect to any Wi-fi hotspots. I am a BT broadband customer.  I tried using my user name and password which gets me into my BT account successfully but this does not allow me to connect. I have tried using my e-mail address also as username, again with success. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Wifi Hotspot connection

can you try and connect to the BTWIFI network from your own hub using BTID and password

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Are you opted in, does your own home BT broadband offer a BT WiFi channel for others to use, obviously someone who opts out of the system cannot access it themselves elsewhere for ‘free’
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Thanks for your answer. I am not aware of opting in /out. Where would I find and update this status?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

check hub manager advanced settings then technical log information and look to see if BTWIFI activated

you can also check with phone to see if BTWIFI connection showing alongside home network

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Thanks. On my phone it shows BTWifi under my networks and BTWifi-X hotspots under other networks. Does this mean I am opted in?
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Checked in the Technical Log and WiFi is activated

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

you are opted in normally by default

you should try and connect to BTWIFI if android phone or BTWIFI-X if iphone

0 Ratings