cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CW93
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Xbox One & BT Wifi Hotspots

Is there any way of connecting your Xbox One to a BT Wifi Hotspot? When I attempt to connect and sign into the BT Wifi with Fon page it states that the page will close once I am connected. However, the page never closes to confirm I am connected. Is this just not possible or am I doing something wrong?

Tags (4)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Xbox One & BT Wifi Hotspots

@CW93 

I cannot see that would work without a proper web browser that can authenticate with the server.

You may be able to connect a PC to BT Wifi, then share that connection with the Xbox.

Either way, its likely to be very slow.

0 Ratings
Oxg651
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Xbox One & BT Wifi Hotspots

The below works if you connect to a Btwi-fi connection (not too sure about Btwi-fi with Fon):

- Connect to the network and then go to "test network connection" and then choose "authenticate now"

- Login using either a BT WiFi or BT broadband login 

The page can take some time to disappear. However, if it does not close exit the authentication and immediately reconnect to the same WiFi by "set up wireless network".

Press "test network connection again" and it should say you are connected to the internet.

As with the speed of the connection it depends on the source (whether that be someone's home network or commercial) but I usually get about 60Mb/s on mine

0 Ratings