Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tonymc
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Yet Another Smart Talk Removal Problem

Go to solution

Given the number of issues about Smart Talk, you would have thought I should have been able to find a solution......but no.

I used Smart Talk on a previous phone, left BT for 18 months and have returned. I have uploaded the App, but it says that my BT ID is already being used with Smart Talk.

However, when reading through the various posts, they are suggesting that I should be able to change this through my package settings, but I cannot see it in there - all I have is Security Hub, Cloud, Home Hub and Call Protect.

Really frustrating as it seems that everyone who has posted has a slightly different problem - heeeeelp please!!!!

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
PaddyB
Message 2 of 8

Re: Yet Another Smart Talk Removal Problem

Go to solution

Hi @tonymc,

I'm sorry you haven't been able to set up Smart Talk on your new phone.

Smart Talk is going to be withdrawn later on this year, roaming call charges in the EU no longer apply, and most mobile service providers now offer cost effective call plans with unlimited minutes, only a small number of customers use it regularly.

Until the service is withdrawn we will still be supporting the service. If you send me in your details, I'll see if I can help you get that service working on your new phone.

Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
tonymc
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks - have sent you the details as requested.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @tonymc I tried calling there but missed you, is there a suitable time this afternoon when I would be able to reach you?

0 Ratings
tonymc
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Apologies Neil - I’ve been out most of the day. Should be available tomorrow during the day if that would be convenient.

Thanks, Tony.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @tonymc no need to apologise. I tried calling again but missed you, is there a more suitable time when I can reach you?

0 Ratings
tonymc
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for the call today Neil. I’ve just tried logging in and although I don’t get the “ID used on another phone”, I am getting ”Sorry but we can’t do this at the moment. Try again later”,

I suspect I will need to leave until tomorrow and hopefully after 24 hours it will connect up!!!

0 Ratings
tonymc
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Finally managed it, but had to set up a “new” BT account on the Smart Talk App using exactly the same login details as my BT account, and it seems to have installed it.

This is after deleting and reloading the app seceral times after getting the same error message as previously noted!!!

Thanks again Neil for sorting things out at your end.

0 Ratings