Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 21 of 123

Re: Your free boost is ready to open

Go to solution

So once again, nothing for Infinity 2 customers.  I'm wondering why I need to be an Infinity 2 customer and why I don't downgrade to Infinity 1.  I seem to be paying more what others are getting for less.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 22 of 123

Go to solution

I have infinity 2 so perhaps that is why my boost was the increased storage rather than a speed increase to something I don't get anyway.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 123

Go to solution

You can't "downgrade" a package without incurring cancellation charges. You can only "upgrade" without charges.  Once you are out of contract you could then re-contract on a "downgraded" package.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 24 of 123

Go to solution

No doubt true, but disgusting when there are two versions of Infinity which now are identical except for the amount of cloud storage.

Will contact them in the morning to see if I can change to Infinity 1 unlimited from 2.

They may well say that I have to wait until the contract runs out but if enough people try they may give in.

If no joy I am in London next week so will pop into their head office and have a moan.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 123

Go to solution

Infinity 2 also gives you 15 user licences for BT Protect/McAfee and there is no £50 activation fee.

When you take into account the activation fee you are virtually paying the same price regardless what package you are on. It is only after your first year that there is any difference, ie when the activation fee no longer applies and this can often be negotiated out when renewing your contract.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 26 of 123

Go to solution

Indeed again I don't use McAfee, as you say the difference is not substantial but still a difference, so I will see how I get on.

As said I expect there will soon be only one package, it is more the way it was done that annoyed me.

Now had the "boost" been to reduce the price of Infinity 2 then that would have been a different matter.

Still I will see how I get on.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 27 of 123

Go to solution
Going back to the Surprise.
I downloaded the Cloud client which was OLDER than the version on my Mac.

Crazy to have to install OLDER software.

Whoever designed this promotion needs demoting and refunding their bonus.

My BT still says I have 500GB not 1000GB.

Windup
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 28 of 123

Go to solution

Well, I'm on Infinity 1

Sync at 49 actual 47

I vote for a stable line and a fully functioning IPv6

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 123

Go to solution

@gg30340 wrote:

The increase will probably only affect a few customers. Most people opt for Infinity 1 because they can not get over 52Mbps and most people on Infinity 2 opt for it because they can get above 55Mbps.

If you were getting between 52Mbps and 55Mbps and opted for Infinity 2 you would be wasting your money.

What you will probably find will happen in the future is that there will only be one package regardless of what speeds your line  can achieve.

Luckily this is going to affect me. I could have gotten infinity 2 (my hub is connected at 27975 / 87881) earlier when I upgraded but I couldn't afford it at the time so I had to opt for infinity 1.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 30 of 123

Go to solution

I can only dream of speeds being mentioned here! I switched to fibre but they can't call it Infinity as it's too slow but I still pay the top price. So unless they move the cabinet nearer (it's 1Km from our property) I don't see how they can increase my speed?

FWIW I haven't looked at my surprise boost yet.

0 Ratings