cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobdunkley
Message 51 of 123

Re: Your free boost is ready to open

Go to solution

I’ve had 2 of these emails in a week, from address bt.athome@ecomm.bt.com. On both they have my account details correct, and on the first email they said that my BT Cloud storage was going up to 200gig, which it has done. Now I have received a second email with ‘ecomm’ in the address. Is this address genuine or a very subtle phishing attempt?

regards

BobD

0 Ratings
TSx92
Beginner
Message 52 of 123

Go to solution
@Bob

I made a post on a router company's forum I'm quite active on, as a lot of other users are in the UK on BT, and I asked if anyone else had received this email. There were several replies and just a day after I made the post, someone commented saying they had already received their speed boost and they've gone from 55/10 to more like 75/18.

Seems legit enough to me. I tweeted BTCare and they knew what I was talking about. Someone in that forum thread said it was going to be rolled out gradually over the next couple of months.
0 Ratings
Bob1001
Aspiring Expert
Message 53 of 123

Go to solution

@mm2 wrote:

I had this e-mail too.  Being suspicious about BT offering anything for nothing, I checked with phishing@bt.com, no reply.  So after a week I clicked on the link which said I would get increased data, increased speed, and double cloud.  However when I logged into my BT account there was nothing about it.  So I asked on BT live chat and was told it was a scam, and as I had activated the link, they would refer me to the Security Team.  The Security Team phoned back and told me it was not a scam, it was a genuine e-mail from BT Marketing.  I made a complaint to BT that I was being told different things by different BT people and I didn't know which was true, the reply has just come that it is definitely a scam, there is no 'order' on my account for any sort of boost.  I still have no idea!  What a mess, have BT any idea what they are doing?

Perhaps they should get into the communications business.

The real problem is that there are so many scam emails about and they were too lazy with a bulk mailing to use some sort of mail merge that showed at least part of your account number or your name.

However it is a genuine offer, you don't need to do anything as it will happen anyway and it is really just marketing.

Perhaps their new slogan should be.

"To big to care"

0 Ratings
mm2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 54 of 123

Go to solution
Hey, the e-mail DID show part of my BT username and account number correctly, that's why I queried it, and this is what 'Manisha' at BT support said today:"There is no order placed for a broadband boost since I have checked it with your account and definitely it is a scam. There must have been some kind of misunderstanding by the BT security . And my sincere apologies for that." They also sent me 2 e-mails with an incorrect account ref saying my broadband deal was coming to an end, which I queried as my contract has several months left to run. They said these should have gone to another customer but because she has the 'same initials' as me, they sent it to me because of a 'system glitch'. Oh, that's ok then. Only BT Security says another customer who does indeed have the 'same initials' as me has MY e-mail address registered on her BT account. BT Support says that cannot happen. Your guess is as good as mine!
0 Ratings
Bob1001
Aspiring Expert
Message 55 of 123

Go to solution

Even stranger as mine did not, perhaps mine was a scam but I did not follow any links.

0 Ratings
billcubbon
Contributor
Message 56 of 123

Go to solution
Just to let you know. I've been on Infinity 2 for many years and recently renewed my contract only to find that now I only get the same as Infinity 1 users. Advised a few weeks ago that my BT Cloud storage was being doubled and yesterday received another email saying that this was now done. Checked out the storage and there had been no change so I contacted BT and was advised that this would not be implemented until 1st January next year. So if you are waiting for the extras?? you may have to wait some time yet.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Uppy
Contributor
Message 57 of 123

Go to solution

I also received an email on 27 Sep telling me I would be getting double cloud storage (so should go from 100GB to 200GB).  Then a further email on 13 October with a title "Your FREE broadband boost is ready to use".

Checked on my BT Cloud (which I do use), only to find the storage limit is still at 100GB.

Went onto BT chat to ask why, got transferred to the technical team, who then called me to say they had to pass me onto the Cloud team.  Spoke to a lady on the Cloud team - gave all my account credentials for the third time! - only to be told that yes I would be getting a boost, but it is not being implemented until 1st January 2018.

The "customer services" agent could give no explanation as to why the emails clearly say "Your FREE broadband boost is ready to use".  Said she would raise an internal complaint - but I hold zero hope of any progress.

Yet another disappointment from BT........I do wonder why I persist with them?

0 Ratings
billcubbon
Contributor
Message 58 of 123

Go to solution
Further to the cloud storage and the alleged increase in capacity not until 1st January 2018. If you was a brand new customer to BT (see their website for new products) it seems you would automatically get the increased storage. They state that you will receive 200GB for either Unlimited Broadband or Unlimited Infinity or 1000GB for Unlimited Infinity 2 assuming you enrol by the 19th October. There is absolutely no mention of the fact that this will not apply until 1st January 2018. Since BT are a major ISP why on earth can't they simply sort out their INCORRECT websites and emails.
0 Ratings
LesC
Expert
Message 59 of 123

Go to solution

So this means for those of us already on Infinity 2 wont get faster speeds than those on Infinity 1 but will just be paying extra for more cloud storage that may not be needed anyway??

0 Ratings
billcubbon
Contributor
Message 60 of 123

Go to solution
Yep.
0 Ratings