Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 61 of 123

Re: Your free boost is ready to open

Go to solution

@LesC wrote:

So this means for those of us already on Infinity 2 wont get faster speeds than those on Infinity 1 but will just be paying extra for more cloud storage that may not be needed anyway??

... and thirteen more BT Virus Protect licences if you are daft enough to use them.

0 Ratings
Andyvr
Aspiring Contributor
Message 62 of 123

Go to solution

Copied from my  'BT Cloud free update to double the original storage' thread......

So... I spoke to someone at the Cloud technical Help Desk who tells me BT have not sent me an email since July (ish) and what I have received recently from :- bt.athome@ecomm.bt.com are in fact phishing emails as this is *NOT* a BT registered email address!?!?!?!?

The link on the email for finding what your 'Boost' is :-

https://ecomm.bt.com/optiext/optiextension.dll?ID=z76z7KJJGBa2cuKNlXI6t%2BhfG5fEWSh4Qr%2Bx2ocKhH_Myf...

and if copy and pasted into a browser takes one to :-

https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/exclusive-offers/cloudoffer/?s_cid=con_email_Wunderm...

with a 'verified by Symantec Corperation' tag and little green padlock with British Telecommunication plc (GB) - In Firefox.

I'm confused now as I've read in other threads here that people who have had similar emails from the same address (bt.athome@ecomm.bt.com) have either got their Cloud boost or been told it will appear in January 2018?!

Does ANYONE know if - bt.athome@ecomm.bt.com - is a pukka BT email address or a phishing scam address?

*^% bangs head on wall %^*

END OF COPIED THREAD....

BUT, I've looked through my saved emails from BT and from March this year I've had several from  bt.athome@ecomm.bt.com and they all seem to have come from BT - 1 concerning the YouView box update and another about BT Call Protect, so.........????

0 Ratings
mm2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 63 of 123

Go to solution

Andyvr:  after repeatedly pressing BT about whether the e-mail is a scam or not, this is their latest reply from Sunday 14.10.17:

"I am saying that it was scam for which I've already apologised and have already told you that from now on we'll take care that the wrong information is not passed over to the customers. I take your feedback for the inconvenience and will pass it over to my manager."

they insist that BT have not sent any such 'broadband boost' e-mail

however ... also on Sunday I checked my BT account and my broadband allowance has been increased by 5gb, which I didn't ask for and about which I had no other notification

so do we think it's a scam or not???

0 Ratings
Bob1001
Aspiring Expert
Message 64 of 123

Go to solution

One wonders why BT are one of the most complained about company. I am quite happy with the service but as a communications company they fail miserably.

0 Ratings
nemu
Contributor
Message 65 of 123

Go to solution

having recently signed up to a BT mobile SIM  I received an email from BT welcoming me etc   and at the end of the email   there was this comment :-

Don't miss out on our emails
To make sure our emails get to your inbox, add bt.athome@ecomm.bt.com to your address book.

0 Ratings
scrimper
Contributor
Message 66 of 123

Go to solution

So after all this no one not even BT can confirm 100% whether this is a legitimate email or not!

I still have not clicked on the email because one day it is reported to be genuine then along comes someone else who has spoken to BT who has told them it is not?

Surely it's not impossible for someone from BT to certify that they did indeed send these emails.

My personal view is that it is a genuine email from BT, however I am not 100% sure.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 67 of 123

Go to solution

@scrimper wrote:

So after all this no one not even BT can confirm 100% whether this is a legitimate email or not!

I still have not clicked on the email because one day it is reported to be genuine then along comes someone else who has spoken to BT who has told them it is not?

Surely it's not impossible for someone from BT to certify that they did indeed send these emails.

My personal view is that it is a genuine email from BT, however I am not 100% sure.

You were given conformation by two moderators who are BT employees in messages 3 and 8!!!

0 Ratings
scrimper
Contributor
Message 68 of 123

Go to solution
I fully understand that, however since then several people here have categorically stated that employees of BT have said it is fake!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
mm2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 69 of 123

Go to solution
... and I have linked this thread to BT support pointing out the moderators say the e-mails are genuine, but BT support still say they are not! would the moderators like to comment, please, on why BT support don't believe them?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 70 of 123

Go to solution

Given that two moderators have already commented along with many people on the forum having stated the have received their upgrades in either BTCloud or extra speed on Infinity 1 as per the email I would suggest there is nothing more to say on this.

0 Ratings