Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mm2
Contributor
Message 71 of 123

Re: Your free boost is ready to open

Go to solution

isn't the point now to establish the credibility of BT's 'support' since they are contradicting the moderators on this matter?  we are paying BT for services but don't know whether we can rely on what their 'support' teams are telling us, and given that BT have mixed up my account with a third party's, I think it's crucial that BT should be called to account for the accuracy and effectiveness of their 'support'

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 72 of 123

Go to solution

BT "support" are wrong and not for the first time however I will ask the moderators to re-confirm what they have already stated and what the thousands of BT users have already found out... that the email is genuine.

EDIT:

Have a look at this thread and in particular the moderators post in message 7

https://community.bt.com/t5/Broadband-Extras-from-BT/BT-Cloud-free-update-to-double-the-original-sto...

0 Ratings
billcubbon
Contributor
Message 73 of 123

Go to solution
Agreed, but they should also apologise for the incorrect information being given by their own support teams and also for the inaccuracy of the actual email itself, e.g. unless you are lucky the actual change to the BT Cloud storage will not increase now (as the email states) but will not actually take effect until 1st January 2018. With the total shambles that has taken place with this 'Free Boost' I'm waiting with baited breath to see what happens in January.
0 Ratings
Andyvr
Aspiring Contributor
Message 74 of 123

Go to solution

Well, my very knowledgeable (pah!) Cloud storage technical help guy said that - he's not confirming anything, but in Jan 18 cloud storage may well go up *WHEN THE PRICES RISE*!

I think many of the left handers don't know what the right handers are doing.

0 Ratings
Message 75 of 123

Go to solution

Hi Guys,

I'm sorry if you have been given conflicting information. The email address bt.athome@ecomm.bt.com is a valid BT email address and is being used to send the "Your Broadband gift from us" emails

Thanks

PaddyB

billcubbon
Contributor
Message 76 of 123

Go to solution
That's fine PaddyB thanks for that. But can you get someone to confirm if the information in the "Your Broadband gift from us" is correct since this does seem to be questionable. Those of us already on Infinity 2 were advised that the allowable storage will be doubled and we have already established that this has not happened immediately despite what the email states. So will it really increase in January.
0 Ratings
0dee
Message 77 of 123

Go to solution

Could I have something of use as a gift please BT...and fyi I have been with you from the start of BTInternet.com and BT adsl AND bt bROADBAND...have put up with a load of 'mistakes' necessitating a change of Contract number as a result...so as for

We've been together for
862 days

we've got a little surprise just for you – a free boost on us. There's no need to do anything, and no charges. Simply open your boost below to find out what you've got.

What a load of tosh..it more like 9,125 days and you can probably add more if my memory was good enough to remember the start of BTInternet!!! PS...I don't use the cloud...it rains too much!

0 Ratings
billcubbon
Contributor
Message 78 of 123

Go to solution
Quick update. Logged on this morning and was pleasantly surprised to see that my BT Cloud storage limit has today been doubled. Bt could have saved themselves a lot of hassle if they had let all their myriad of different support teams know what was happening with the "boost". At least it is there now. Thank you.
Andyvr
Aspiring Contributor
Message 79 of 123

Go to solution

I would suggest everyone clicks on the 'HELP' button at the top of the forum's page and click on 'Make a Complaint' and go through the motions - the more customers who do it the more BT will realise what a cockup they've made (again?) and in future use a bit more sense in issuing these 'free boosts' and inform their various help desks of the impending phonecalls from people not getting their boost on time!

0 Ratings
Barney300
Contributor
Message 80 of 123

Go to solution
Just having a moan. No response necessary. It seems I'm not the only one not getting the "super-fast" fibre-optic download speeds I was promised, and with other unresolved problems with e-mails, I'm seriously thinking of ditching BT.

The best download speed I ever get nowadays is 6.4 MiB, but most of the time it's around 1 MiB or less.
0 Ratings