Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scrimper
Contributor
Message 101 of 123

Re: Your free boost is ready to open

Go to solution

What really annoys me is they always seem to be increasing the speeds of people who already have super fast speeds, (I have read of people who complain they only receive 50Mb) yet nowt is done for those of us on really slow connections.

I am on fibre but it's so slow they are not allowed to call it infinity, why not do more for people on low speeds before upgrading those already getting a decent service. (end of rant)

0 Ratings
brianhes
Aspiring Expert
Message 102 of 123

Go to solution
After testing backing up my mobile, and with just part of it taking 4days, on adslmax, I concluded it would take at least 3 months to use the 200GB
0 Ratings
Remospadaccini
Aspiring Contributor
Message 103 of 123

Go to solution
Why don't you consider going back to ADSL since fibre doesn't sound to be cost effective with you
0 Ratings
DavidCo
Expert
Message 104 of 123

Go to solution

Because it would be even slower.

If the 'copper' from the exchange would be 1000 units long your adsl speed would be 'X'

If the copper from the FTTC is 1000 -Y then you will be faster

0 Ratings
Remospadaccini
Aspiring Contributor
Message 105 of 123

Go to solution
Exactly how slow is your internet?
0 Ratings
DavidCo
Expert
Message 106 of 123

Go to solution

I was getting 5Mb on ADSL (copper all the way)

However the FTTC (cabinet) is only 480 Mtrs away (as the line flies) so only 480 Mtrs of copper giving 48Mb

0 Ratings
Remospadaccini
Aspiring Contributor
Message 107 of 123

Go to solution
48mbs isn't bad
0 Ratings
DavidCo
Expert
Message 108 of 123

Go to solution

Actually, over that length of copper it's brilliant.

But it does show that some people can have such a low speed on ADSL that if there is a FTTC nearby they have no choice.

They may only get 3/4 Mb with FTTC but it is better than 52kb without

0 Ratings
Highlighted
breadband
Beginner
Message 109 of 123

Go to solution
Thanks to those who opened this, and revealed the contents. I never open links in emails. Its great to know that I will have even more unuseable cloud storage. It really is a poor service and painfully slow, there is no boost in speed, the service is operating near infinity 2 limit at 69Mb and 19mb up. Beats me why they send this junk. What was the previous boost offered? £10 per month discount would be good for a regular customer with 1500+ days in contract.
0 Ratings
scrimper
Contributor
Message 110 of 123

Go to solution

@breadband wrote:
Thanks to those who opened this, and revealed the contents. I never open links in emails. Its great to know that I will have even more unuseable cloud storage. It really is a poor service and painfully slow, there is no boost in speed, the service is operating near infinity 2 limit at 69Mb and 19mb up. Beats me why they send this junk. What was the previous boost offered? £10 per month discount would be good for a regular customer with 1500+ days in contract.

Speeds that I can only dream of! I wish my download was as good as your upload speed, my upload is less than 1Meg. I live in a small village but they placed the cab along the main road where there are only one or two houses and some some distance from where most of the properties are.

0 Ratings