Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
breadband
Beginner
Message 111 of 123

Re: Your free boost is ready to open

Go to solution
Oh I'm not complaining about the speed, BT service (where I live) is excellent. One outage in 4 years fixed within 6 hours. Constant reliable fast connection. Albeit the most expensive ISP. Rural speeds are a joke and big bucks need to be spent to bring broadband to rural communities, youd probably get better speeds tethering your mobile phone. Perhaps you could badger them to install another cabinet nearer to where its needed. (Like outside your house 🙂 ) My gripe was really with all the extras that BT hype up. Most are unuseable, great I get 1000Gb storage up from 500Gb but I dont use it anyway. Ever tried a restore when the file stucture is not preserved as with BT cloud, the app is poor and theres a 500mb file size restriction if using a browser. Whilst data is encrypted in transit I doubt it is held encrypted on BT servers. The other offerings are not much use either.
0 Ratings
Craig_UK
Aspiring Expert
Message 112 of 123

Infinity 1 speed increase, what about Infinity 2 customers

Go to solution

I've noticed that those on Infinity 1, if their line can handle it are receiving a free speed boost with no extra charge to their monthly fee.

Those in contract and paying more for Infinity 2, what options do we have? Are BT going to reduce the monthly fee to the same as the Infinity 1 price, will there be just one package option in the future since speed wise, you'll get the most your line can handle now?

I suppose no one will sign up for Infinity 2 now since you'll get the highest your line can handle by taking Infinity 1 instead.

I recently received an e-mail stating we've got a free boost for you. I've been with BT well over 5 years, but I have not clicked on this e-mail, as I have no idea what is it going to do to my account.

It says inside the message: These broadband boosts are based on the monthly broadband and calls price we believe you to be paying in September 2017. These broadband boosts may not be available to you if your contract has changed during or since September 2017.

Is this a price reduction, some people have mentioned the boost just gives you more online space which I don't use anyway.

Just wondering what BT are going to do for their Infinity 2 users and those who have been a customer for a long time?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 113 of 123

Re: Infinity 1 speed increase, what about Infinity 2 customers

Go to solution

@Craig_UK wrote:

I've noticed that those on Infinity 1, if their line can handle it are receiving a free speed boost with no extra charge to their monthly fee.

Those in contract and paying more for Infinity 2, what options do we have? Are BT going to reduce the monthly fee to the same as the Infinity 1 price, will there be just one package option in the future since speed wise, you'll get the most your line can handle now?

I suppose no one will sign up for Infinity 2 now since you'll get the highest your line can handle by taking Infinity 1 instead.

I recently received an e-mail stating we've got a free boost for you. I've been with BT well over 5 years, but I have not clicked on this e-mail, as I have no idea what is it going to do to my account.

It says inside the message: These broadband boosts are based on the monthly broadband and calls price we believe you to be paying in September 2017. These broadband boosts may not be available to you if your contract has changed during or since September 2017.

Is this a price reduction, some people have mentioned the boost just gives you more online space which I don't use anyway.

Just wondering what BT are going to do for their Infinity 2 users and those who have been a customer for a long time?

Is there still a data usage limit on Infinity 1?

It’s not stated clearly, but 45 Gbytes is mentioned in some sources.

Other sources say it’s unlimited.

0 Ratings
Trace-T
Contributor
Message 114 of 123

Go to solution

@Craig_UK Can't answer your question but;
I'm on Infinity 2, don't use the cloud storage, out of contract and I've been wondering "exactly" the same...

0 Ratings
kencar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 115 of 123

Go to solution

I'd also like to know what if anything is happening to Infinity 2!!

0 Ratings
nemu
Contributor
Message 116 of 123

Go to solution

My father is on infinity1 and had a 25gb  allowance per month which seems to have been increased to 30 gb

Though we just had to put him on unlimited as his usage jumped from average 10 to 20 gb a month to 90gb for both aug and sept and we have no idea why ( he also had an extra £63 to pay for both months for exceeding his allowance) 

0 Ratings
DavidCo
Expert
Message 117 of 123

Go to solution

After 3368 days with BT I have finally got a boost box.

I do not use 'cloud', never have, never will.

Do you think BT would swap the boost for a continuous, stable connection.

After 3368 days you would have thought that, oh never mindSmiley Tongue

David

0 Ratings
Remospadaccini
Aspiring Contributor
Message 118 of 123

Go to solution

My speed has finally been put up to the 76mbs now. didn't realise until 14 hours had passed haha.

0 Ratings
Lynn1965
Message 119 of 123

Go to solution
Mine comes from bt.athome@ecomm.bt.com
0 Ratings
old_email
Aspiring Expert
Message 120 of 123

Re: Your free boost is ready to open (solved)

Go to solution

Yep - BT are now going to charge extra for the free boost that many didn't ask for - well done.

0 Ratings