Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LesC
Expert
Message 11 of 123

Re: Your free boost is ready to open

Go to solution

@nemu wrote:
the email I received had a tittle " here's your free boost" and was from bt.athome@ecomm.bt.com NOT bt.athome@bt.com

The email I received was the same. There's a previous thread suggesting this eamil address is suspect, see here:

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Spam-from-bt-athome-ecomm-bt-com/td-p/1562867

If this is a genuine email, BT certainlt have a knack for making their emails look dodgy!

0 Ratings
Bob1001
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 123

Go to solution

It says on mine that BT has doubled cloud storage, so it seems you get it whether you click the link or not.

As I did not know I had BT cloud storage and would not use it I don't think it matters much.

0 Ratings
scrimper
Contributor
Message 13 of 123

Go to solution

@Bob1001 wrote:

It says on mine that BT has doubled cloud storage, so it seems you get it whether you click the link or not.

As I did not know I had BT cloud storage and would not use it I don't think it matters much.

Thanks for letting us know what it's about, save me clicking. would be better for me if they announced they were improving my slow speeds. I switched to fibre but my upload speed is so low that cloud storage is too slow, it takes an age to upload just one small image. Download is not good either!

0 Ratings
thefoolmonte
Beginner
Message 14 of 123

Go to solution

I too received this email today, and was very suspicious.    The address it was sent from bt.athome@ecomm.bt.comm is not one that I have come across before.    I tried to find an email address for bt that I could use to contact them and query thei email.    Of course I could not find one and then saw a message telling me that it was quicker to use live chat feature.     I typed a message into this and then waited for about 20 minutes and eventually received a message saying that they were looking into my query and in the meantime to look up my bt account number and various other things that would be needed when they replied.   Then after another very long wait i became disconnected and lost contact.    They did not come back to me although I had given my email address, and I gave it up as a bad job !!     Well done bt you have wasted a considerable amount of my time with your stupid email.     Is this the surprise that you promised me in your email ?

0 Ratings
mattanorak
Contributor
Message 15 of 123

Go to solution

So does anyone know when this storage increase (boost) will be activated?

0 Ratings
Remospadaccini
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 123

Go to solution

Just got this email as well. Can't tell if it's real or fake because it has the ecomm thing on it. it says that it will upgrade my speed to the 76mbs and double cloud storage. would be awesome if it did actually boost me to that speed.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 123

Go to solution

@Remospadaccini wrote:

Just got this email as well. Can't tell if it's real or fake because it has the ecomm thing on it. it says that it will upgrade my speed to the 76mbs and double cloud storage. would be awesome if it did actually boost me to that speed.

See link

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/56165/c/346

LesC
Expert
Message 18 of 123

Go to solution

So if BT are increasing Infinity 1 customers to 76mb what happens to Infinity 2 customers who already get the increased speeds? Do we get a reduction to our bills?

0 Ratings
DavidCo
Expert
Message 19 of 123

Go to solution

gg30340

Thanks for the info link.

One of these years I'm going to see a free offer that actually means something to meSmiley Sad

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 123

Go to solution

The increase will probably only affect a few customers. Most people opt for Infinity 1 because they can not get over 52Mbps and most people on Infinity 2 opt for it because they can get above 55Mbps.

If you were getting between 52Mbps and 55Mbps and opted for Infinity 2 you would be wasting your money.

What you will probably find will happen in the future is that there will only be one package regardless of what speeds your line  can achieve.

0 Ratings