Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 31 of 123

Re: Your free boost is ready to open

Go to solution

@scrimper wrote:

I can only dream of speeds being mentioned here! I switched to fibre but they can't call it Infinity as it's too slow but I still pay the top price. So unless they move the cabinet nearer (it's 1Km from our property) I don't see how they can increase my speed?

FWIW I haven't looked at my surprise boost yet.

They won't try to increase it. It is only for lines that can support speeds above 55Mbps which yours obviously can't.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/56165/c/346

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 32 of 123

Go to solution

@scrimper wrote:

I can only dream of speeds being mentioned here! I switched to fibre but they can't call it Infinity as it's too slow but I still pay the top price. So unless they move the cabinet nearer (it's 1Km from our property) I don't see how they can increase my speed?

FWIW I haven't looked at my surprise boost yet.

If you can't get the minimum speed that BT claim for infinity I would go back to them and assuming standard broadband is cheaper ask them to change you to it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 33 of 123

Go to solution

Hi

I haven't recceived such an email and I'm on Infinity 1. Could you maybe share a screen grab/photo of this please?

Thank you

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 34 of 123

Go to solution

Hi Nemu

Please could you send me a copy of the email you received or share a screenshot please? Im on Infinity 1 but haven't received anything from BT yet and would be keen to get this offer as well

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 35 of 123

Go to solution
I think it's for everyone on infinity 1 so even if you didn't get the email you should get it.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 36 of 123

Go to solution

It may be that as BT says all 'Infinity1 lines' that can take a speed boost will get it automatically, so no email needed.

On the other hand if the line is maxed out anyway there is an email to give you more 'cloud space'

Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 37 of 123

Go to solution

@DavidCo wrote:

It may be that as BT says all 'Infinity1 lines' that can take a speed boost will get it automatically, so no email needed.

On the other hand if the line is maxed out anyway there is an email to give you more 'cloud space'

This link explains things     http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/56165/~/questions-about-the-bt-infinity-1-speed-upgra...

Highlighted
Expert
Message 38 of 123

Go to solution

Yees, I know.

My only real interest is wether BT will attempt anything on my line.

Sky (I think) says 75Mb so..

My actual is at 98.5% of max.

I'm betting on am emailSmiley LOL

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 39 of 123

Go to solution

@DavidCo wrote:

Yees, I know.

My only real interest is wether BT will attempt anything on my line.

Sky (I think) says 75Mb so..

My actual is at 98.5% of max.

I'm betting on am emailSmiley LOL

Read the small print with Sky, it is only where they can provide this service and they then promise a minimum speed of 55MB.

"Enjoy superfast Sky Fibre with average UK download speeds of 34Mb, or our fastest Sky Fibre Max with guaranteed UK download speeds of 55Mb."

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 40 of 123

Go to solution

I understand small print.

Sky Fibre Max - up to 76Mb

BT Infinity1 - up to 76Mb

It's the up to stuff that is the easy thing to say even though most will not get it.

Also with the 'average' speed increase (BT) due to the reduction where possible of NR and now another increase where possible BT have something to say to Ofcom.

0 Ratings