Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
v3burn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

access control issues

Go to solution

Hi all,

i have access control set for the wifi to turn off the kids phones etc, but no matter how many times i set it up, it randomly removes devices from the list meaning that the kids can use the items, the seems to be no logic to this, i have tried resetting the router and redoing all the access controls for various devices but still it happens...

what can i do to finally get the things saved?

thanks

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: access control issues

Go to solution

What Homehub do you have?

Are you sure that your children don't have the admin password and are removing the devices or that they are not factory resetting the Homehub?

0 Ratings
v3burn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Hi,

its a home hub 5, kids defo not messing with it as its changed whilst i have been on the pc tonight...about an hour since i put it all back on...

its pretty annoying as it just wont save, either times or devices.

might try pulling the plug out tonight and leaving it reset tomorrow.

any other sugesstions welcome 🙂

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Try ONE factory reset of the Homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds. This can often sort out problems if there is any corruption of the software.

0 Ratings
v3burn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

thx for advice, i have reset the router as you said but now have to wait for all the devices to connect so i know which ones to restrict.

i will report back if it was a success or not 🙂

0 Ratings
v3burn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Well, renewed all the access controls and you guessed it they all disappeared again, i didnt even close the web page down after saving it...

could there be something wrong with the router then? do i need a new one if this isnt working?

thx

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

There could be a fault with your Homehub but I think the problem is that all the Homehubs are a load of rubbish. They promise to do so much but they rarely live up to the hype. If you check through the forums you will see that the vast majority of problems on the forum are related to the Homehubs.

There are very few posters reporting problems when they use a decent third party router. I would suggest that while you shouldn't need to, you should invest in a decent third party VDSLModem/router that has the ability to deliver what it promises such as basic access control.

0 Ratings
v3burn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

thanks for the advice, at least i know where the problem lies now 😞

0 Ratings
v3burn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

tried talking to Live chat today to see if they could do anything, i had told them what i had done and the guy just kept to his sheet asking all the things i have already told him, then told me that you could'nt permanently block a device, even when i sent a photo showing you could he still denied it could be done.

moral of the story...dont use Live Chat!

does anyone have a proper Email address for Customer services, BT make it so difficult to contact them....

0 Ratings
v3burn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

got a new Home Hub sent through and its all sorted 🙂

0 Ratings