Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mmb1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

bt virus protect

Go to solution

my broadband pkg says BT VP is inclusive, thats not strictly true as its starts off free, then becomes chargeable!

surely the online advert info shown to bt users should state all the facts clearly - rather than lure people with mis-leading front screens and reliy on them reading the underlying T&C's!

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: bt virus protect

Go to solution

It is free with your package. Why do you think you have to pay for it?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

UPDATE:

It would appear that BT have changed the way they offer BT Virus Protect.

It used to be 2 free licences with Infinity 1 and 15 free licences with Infinity 2

It appears that it is now only free for the first month and £4 a month there after.

https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/manage-broadband-extras#stay-safe-online-with-netpro...

"What does it cost?

It's £4 a month with the first month free if you've got Broadband, Unlimited Broadband, Infinity 1 or Unlimited Infinity 1"

There are plenty free Antivirus programes avaiable such as Avast that are rated higher than BT Protect/McAfee so I would suggest that you uninstall BT Antivirus and use one of the free ones.
0 Ratings
mmb1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Avast for virus protection, what about malware?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

MalwareBytes

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry for any confusion caused, BT Virus Protect with two licenses is still free for customers on standard broadband or Infinity 1. However customers with the two-license BT Virus Protect can upgrade to 15 licenses for £4 a month and as part of our special offer, they'll get the first month free if they decide to upgrade to the 15 license version.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

@NeilO wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry for any confusion caused, BT Virus Protect with two licenses is still free for customers on standard broadband or Infinity 1. However customers with the two-license BT Virus Protect can upgrade to 15 licenses for £4 a month and as part of our special offer, they'll get the first month free if they decide to upgrade to the 15 license version.

If that is the case I think the web site needs a bit of a re-vamp. It presently does not make it clear that the £4 is to "upgrade" to 15 licences.

What does it cost?

It's £4 a month with the first month free if you've got Broadband, Unlimited Broadband, Infinity 1 or Unlimited Infinity 1
0 Ratings