Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
nisiwi
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

bt wifi app madness

I have two devices. Both samsung running lollipop. One tablet and one phone. BT WiFi works on my tablet, however I can't get it to eork on my phone. Using same login credentials I receive an "unexpected error" every time I try to log in using the app. Any ideas how I resolve this please as it's very frustrating.
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: bt wifi app madness

Welcome to the forum. Try deleting the saved networks from the phone.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
nisiwi
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Thanks. All saved networks ? How will app check credentials ? I have saved networks on tablet also. I did notice that removing My Vodafone which allows access to some BT WiFi access points extended the time before an error was generated.
0 Ratings
nisiwi
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Interestingly I cannot remove the Vodafone WiFi profile.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 7

Random connection problems are regularly reported here and there's no standard fix. Clearing stored networks is one that has worked for others (making sure you can easily get the wifi key for any you want to use again). Reinstalling the app can also do it, and there may be other suggestions.

For what it's worth, my glitch some time ago was that one device simply refused to connect while the app was installed, and I had to connect manually. It was cured with the next app update.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
nisiwi
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

I disabled wifi altogrther and tried mobile data to register device aand got same error. Also reinstalled app with same result ? Any other ideas ? I run The Cloud app on both devices successfully. Seems more like an app problem.
0 Ratings
JMB
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 7

I always find the BT WiFi Android App completely illogical.

Normally I will connect to the strongest WiFi signal that I have access.  If it is BT WiFi then I would like the App to log on for me which it occasional does but usually it wants me to start up my GPS so it can look up the nearest hotspot.  This of course is not of any use of I am inside a building as I tend to be when using the tablet!

I cannot understand why it cannot first search for the best signal and connect to it.

----
MB
----
0 Ratings