Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
andrewmorris
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

bt wifi app

Go to solution
Hi. Having problems getting bt WiFi app to work on new phone. getting "unknown error" message. Have reinstalled, refeshed cache and checked log in details. I also get a not registered for access message if I try to log in through landing page. Has worked perfectly on old phone so wonder about Compatability...

Is there a comparability issue with an LG g3s running android 4.4.2?
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: bt wifi app

Go to solution

Hi andrewmorris,

Are you using your BT ID or your email details to log in as this could be the problem?  Check out this link What's my BT Wi-fi password or username? and let us know if this helps.

Thanks
Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
andrewmorris
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
Hi neil. I have checked my username by logging into mybt, and it is right. I took the option recently to change the id to my hotmail address, but even so, it continued to work on my old phone. I have tried several times, and occasionally get a different error message which implies that i am not signed up to bt wifi, but again have checked my account (and it worked on my old phone)

Thanks
0 Ratings
andrewmorris
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

I guess this means no one has any other ideas?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Have you tried logging in with your original btinternet.com address? As I understand it, other usernames don't work with BT WiFi even if they do with MyBT. It's never been joined up all that well.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

For new users to BT to log onto BTWifi I believe that you need to use an @btinternet.com email address and that email address must be the same as your MyBT - BTID.  

This is to make your BTID the same as your MYBT and BTWifi log on details so that you can access all the BT services through your MyBT.

See link

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/45822/~/what-is-a-bt-id-and-how-can-i-get-one%3F

To change your BTID you need to access your "MyProfile" in MYBT. Go to "My Contact Details" and change the email address to a @btinternet.com one and then go to "My Security" details and change the password to the same as you use to log into your email. This will make your BTID and password the same for all the BT services such as BTWifi and BT Sport.

You also need to make sure that your BTID is the primary BTID for that account.

I suspect the reason that your old phone works is because it has retained the old log on details in its cache.

You can check your BTWifi status here

https://www.bt.com/wifi/secure/index.do?s_cid=con_FURL_btfon

andrewmorris
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
Hi, i reset my primary btid to the original btinternet.con one, then emptied the cache (as you mentioned the old phone working because if the cache) as it didnt work straight away. But it does now. Thanks!
0 Ratings