Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aerodynamic750
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

can Cloud open all file types?

Hi

I use BT Cloud to backup different file types from my laptop including various file formats from Microsoft Office such as .doc files, .xls files. and .msg files (which are emails saved within Microsoft Outlook). I seem to have a problem opening one particular file type when using my Samsung Galaxy S2 smart phone. the file type is the .msg file type. I have loads of emails (.msg) saved to BT Cloud from MS Outlook on my laptop but I can't open them on my Samsung phone when accessing Cloud. I get a message saying... "Error. The document cannot be opened because it is not a valid PDF document".

Does anyone know why Cloud on my phone thinks these are PDF files when clearly they are not (it recognises other MS Office file types) and why it won't open this particular file type please?

Thanks

Gaz

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 5

Re: can Cloud open all file types?

Hi aerodynamic750

Strange issue!  I'll find out whats going on with this and post back when I know a bit more.

Cheers

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
aerodynamic750
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Excellent, thanks Craig

Gaz

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 4 of 5

Unfortunately this is an Android specific file support issue.  It will allow MS Office to open but there is no asscociated .msg viewer onboard the device.  You are probably best going to the Google Play store and searching for viewers.

From a quick look there appear to be 2 readers which can be downloaded (EML Reader which is free of charge and the other is Documento which is £1.25)  I haven’t used either but they both have 4+ stars so should fit the bill.

Cheers

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
aerodynamic750
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Thanks Craig

Unfortunately, neither of the apps works. None of the .msg files will open even with the apps installed. Don't suppose you (or anyone else) have any other suggestions do you??

Many thanks

Gaz

0 Ratings