cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

can't access btwi-fi because my btinternet.com email address no longer exists...

I can't access btwi-fi because the btintnet.com email address I had to log in to it with (because that was how it was done in the olden days) no longer exists (I guess because of inactivity, because I never used it for anything else). I don't see any way to change it at all, or specifically to the email address I use for my dealings with BT. Any advice gratefully received, thank you.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: can't access btwi-fi because my btinternet.com email address no longer exists...

The first snip below shows the reason for my issue, and what my issue is; the second snip shows that the 'reset password' link on that page takes you nowhere.

This help page 'addresses' my issue, but...This help page 'addresses' my issue, but...... the link to the btinternet.com password reset page is dead... the link to the btinternet.com password reset page is dead

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

I can't access btwi-fi because my btinternet.com email address no longer exists...

I've asked this in the 'email' section, but this section might be more appropriate: 

I can't access btwi-fi because the btintnet.com email address I had to log in to it with (because that was how it was done in the olden days) no longer exists (I guess because of inactivity, because I never used it for anything else). I don't see any way to change the login details at all. 

This snip from a help page helpfully shows the reason for my issue, and what my issue is, but doesn't help me with the issue - the 'reset password' link takes me to a dead page, and in any case it's not just a new password I need, it's to be able to change the email address / user id I use to log in.

Any advice gratefully received, thank you.

Screenshot 2020-09-18 095952.png
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Re: can't access btwi-fi because my btinternet.com email address no longer exists...

I have merged your posts and moved them to the appropriate board.

Try giving the BT wifi team a call 0800 0223322

Message 5 of 6

'Broadband Extras & Apps', eh? I hadn't thought of that.

Many thanks licquorice, for helping with location and suggestion, much appreciated.

Iain

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

If you have a BTID try using that to log on.