cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 1

connecting to Bt wifi hotspot

Hello,
I bought a 30-day BT wifi voucher. During the first week, after I connected to BTWI-Fi, the log-in page automatically opened on my web browser, and I logged in. Easy.

However, after some time, after selecting the BTWI-FI option, the automatic page didn't load; when I opened a browser, the internet wasn't connected, so I couldn't access the my.bt.wifi.com webpage. After disconnecting and reconnecting and restarting the computer, and trying the process several times, the connection worked, and the log-in page automatically opened. However, the process is entirely random and very bizarre. I don't have this issue when connecting on my iphone. I have tried three laptops and all three, at some stage, have the same issue. I phoned BT, but the advice was farcical (walk around the house...), so I've stopped asking them for help.

After troubleshooting the issue, it seems the "computer is correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS server) is not responding". I've looked that up and followed a few tips to sort it, but on other laptops I didn't try that but turned the machine off and on, and the auto log-in page loaded. It's incredibly random and frustrating.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

0 Ratings