cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

disable wifi at bedtime

Go to solution

i am trying to disable my wifi after 11pm to ensure my kids aren't accessing the wifi when they should be asleep!!! However, the BT settings don't seem to allow this. I am trying to disable the wifi at 11pm and then enable it the next day but the system seems to get confused and doesn't accept that 5am is after 11pm. Is there a solution as i don't want to disable the wifi any earlier as this will disable all TVs that are being watched by adults. HELP!! 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: disable wifi at bedtime

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

You need 2 scheduling rules:

1. 11:00 PM to 11:59 PM.
  2. 00:00 PM to 05:00 AM
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Oh ,,,, if only it was that easy! 

The settings are defined in a drop down box that has predefined times ... only every hour. 

But when you put in a start time for the restriction of 11pm and an end time of 5am the system thinks that these two times are on the same day (rather than flipping over to the next day) and hence it believes the start time is after the end time, and so doesn’t allow it. Surely this ‘bug’ has been identified already and there is a fix or a workaround?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

BT are aware of this problem, see the moderators response in these threads

Parental Control Suspension Timings - BT Community

Parental Control Suspension Timings - BT Community

but it would appear that as yet nothing has/is being done about it.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @jk1001 and welcome to our community.

I'm sorry you're having a few problems disabling you WiFi at night. @RobbieBaron is correct. You would need to set 2 scheduling rules to cover that timescale. We are aware of this issue and our product support guys are looking into it but unfortunately we don't have a fix date just yet.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings