cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phil47
Message 1 of 3

down loading bt netprotect plus macafee

Hi

down loading bt netprotectplus macafee i get "this content cannot be displayed in a frame"  - windows 7 user, expired toshiba mcafee freeby, windows defender on pc.  looked on web do i really need to uninstall things? shouldn't this product overwrite etc?

many thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: down loading bt netprotect plus macafee

Many here wouldn't bother with NetProtect as long as there are plenty of superior, free alternatives available. Whatever you do, it's probably best to remove all the pre-installed stuff first using the McAfee removal tool

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: down loading bt netprotect plus macafee

BTNetprotect will not overwrite any other product that is previously installed. You will need to remove the previous install that came with the computer. You will need to us the McAfee removal tool and restart your computer before trying to install BTNetprotect.

My advice and that of others on the forum would be not to insall BTNetprotect. It can cause problems on some computers and is a resource hog. Do a search of the forum to see the problems. There are far better free antivirus programs available such as Avast Free .

0 Ratings