cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

i phone and bt wi-fi help please

my hubby has an i phone, i have android, i managed to download bt wifi app and set it up no probs, he tried and couldnt download on iphone so i have now spent all evening trying to do this. i started in app store as per instructions, found seberal bt apps but no wifi app, next i tried scanning the square bar code thing, on the bt website, which is supposed to download it to iphone the message i got was that app is not available in uk. i tried his other barcode scanner - same message. i went on the teck page and followed the instructions about websites and number codes for them, it says to delete one that begins with 10.**.**.** but this will not delete it comes back every time. As this is his phone and neither of us are that great at technology i dont want to do anything permanent that i wont know how to undo. Incidentally i did download the smart talk app to the i phone and completed the process then i tried looking at the apps shown as similar/connected and several bt business apps came up but not the wifi one. HELP please 

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 2

Re: i phone and bt wi-fi help please

The app was recently updated and it went awry, so it's been deleted pending a fix.

Meanwhile, you don't actually need the app to connect to BT Wi-Fi but have to enter your details every time. Just select the SSID from the list of available networks and wait for the landing page to sign in.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings