cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LozSmith
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

iPhone cannot connect to home hub after joining BT FON

I've recently joined BT Total Broadband and had no issues getting the new Home Hub 2 set up and wirelessly connecting to my Mac desktop, my wifes laptop and both our iPhones.  Yesterday, however I decided to download the BT FON app for my iPhone and after registering with BT FON cannot joing my Home Hub at all.  It doesnt even allow me the option of putting in the WPA password when I try to join, its just says " Unable to join the network'.  My wifes iPhone still connects fine to the home hub as she hasn't downloaded the BT FON App yet.  I have tried to change the Home Hub security to WEP but the Hub manager rejects any of the 10 character passwords I make up and I can't seem to disable the security option to see if it will alllow my iPhone to connect with no security.  I deleted the BT FON app from my phone to no avail.

Any help much appreciated.

Tags (5)
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
LozSmith
Beginner
Message 2 of 7

Re: iPhone cannot connect to home hub after joining BT FON

Just after I posted the issue I have been having getting my iphone connected to my homehub after downloading the BT FON App I found this post below from ages ago.  I tried the fix detailed and it worked great for me.  All sorted now.
:smileyvery-happy:

Re: unable to connect iphone to BTHomeHub

Hi, I just had the same problem. I could see my hub but it wouldn't let me connect. I also had no data in the fields when I tapped on the blue arrow next to the hub name under 'Wi-Fi Networks'.

To my own amazement though, I managed to fix it by adding the Hub as a new network and it's now working.

Here's what I did:

In Wi-Fi Networks - add a new network

It will prompt you for the name of the hub which is printed on the back of the hub

Then there's a button for security - tap on that - (mine was set to none) - change to WPA

It will then ask for a password - I entered the wireless key from the back of the hub

I think it then asked for my hub password - I entered that and hey presto, it worked.

I hope this helps save someone else a couple of hours! :smileyhappy:

minhard1
Message 3 of 7

Just wanted to say a big thank you for the above post, have been pulling my hair out since yesterday trying to connect my iphone to the hub.  Having followed the points, it works!! You have saved me a lot of time and frustration!  Thanks again.

0 Ratings
RFP68
Message 4 of 7

Thank you.  Suggested fix works.

0 Ratings
GwynR
Message 5 of 7

Worked for me too!

Thanks!

0 Ratings
deguello
Message 6 of 7

Thank You! after getting nowhere with my mobile phone operator and bt you came to the rescue! what a star :smileyvery-happy:

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Nahida
Message 7 of 7

Hi

Just to say thank you. I had given up after getting no where with bt support over the phone.

I decided to get help from googling the problem this morning and found your comment, it resolved my problem.

Thanks again.

0 Ratings