cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

no access to parental controls

Hi, I've spent about 1.5hrs trying to figure this out. My trying to setup parental controls to limit my kids computer & phone usage.

When i log onto myBT i dont have a option for parental controls, looked at video (https://www.bt.com/help/security/how-to-keep-your-family-safe-online-with-bt-parental-controls-an#se... )how to set it up, but the video looks nothing like myBT screen, I don't have a parental control icon or "Manage your extras" button.

I then installed the BTapp (on iphone) and that doesn't have the parental control option either. Im at a loss what to do

I have a BT hub type A, installed in the last 3 months, so its pretty new.

Does this hub support parental controls?

Anyone else have similar problem?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: no access to parental controls

Login to MyBT then select Your Security then select BT Parental Controls

It needs to be activated before you can take control.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

myBT security screenmyBT security screenI did look there, but it only has my stuff about my phone account

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

have you turned access controls on in the hub manager

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Ok, i have enabled that, and while i was there set some limits on devices. How long does it take for myBT to see that my hub supports parental controls  ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

On My BT Smart Hub 2 Parental Controls are done through my BT app on my phone from my Security. You have to Activate it first 

see

https://www.bt.com/help/security/parental-controls/how-to-keep-your-family-safe-online-with-bt-paren...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Ok, can see "BT Parental Controls" now, when i click the Manage button on the app (on my phone), the only choice i get is BT Call Protect. Same when i log into myBT on my computer.

Only thing that seems to work is logging into the Hub and setting limits by the MAC address.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 10

Hi @liamxdillon,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting!

I'm sorry that you're unable to view Parental Controls as one of your extras for you to set up and manage.  I think the Community has helped as far as they're able to with this issue.  We are going to have to pick this up and find out what happened.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Hi Robbie, sent you a private message last week with the info you requested, any use to solving this problem?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 10

Hi @liamxdillon,

Thanks for your post, I'm sorry about the delay in getting back to you.

I can see your case sitting in our queue however we do still have a fair few cases in front of yours in the queue. We work all cases in the order they are received and will be in contact as soon as we pick up your case.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings