cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

norton security update

Go to solution

Have been trying unsuccessfully to update bt virus protect mcafee to norton as requested by BT but I keep getting server error. The BT help centre have not been able to help any solutions please.

use windows 10 on laptop  which should be compatible 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: norton security update

Go to solution

Hi @kathleen2, welcome to the forum, and thanks for posting. I'm sorry you're getting this error when trying to change over to Norton and that you couldn't get it resolved when you called in.

This error is usually because your BTID login name is not an email address. If this is the case please check out How To Change My BTID Username and once you've changed it to the email address you will be able to change to Norton.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution
thanks for this. BT sent an engineer out today thinking it was a line fault even though I told them it was'nt. He did improve my bb speed so it was'nt a wasted journey. Anyway I logged onto mybt again and today a message popped up asking me to change to an email login so someone seems to have got the message re this problem. Thanks to the forum I finally appear to have got round this thank you
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @kathleen2, thanks for the update. Glad that sorted it for you and improved speed also 🙂

Cheers

John

0 Ratings