cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmam
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

parental controls

I've just joined BT after recommendation from peers and other forums that it offered the best parental controls.

My aim is to limit the TIME of internet access as much as the contents: keep the kids OFF the internet altogether at certain times, but if possible leave the parents allowance.

However I am greatly disapointed.  It only offers 1 period of the day to turn them on, and the settings are very limiting: 

On "light" parents cannot acces sports sites, say, where an alcohol ad will block the whole site, and the kids can still watch You Tube all night under the covers.

I have tried keeping paretnal controls off and trying to block certain sites (instagram, netflix) but have found that these sites would then NEVER be accessible.

Does anyone have pointers as to how to best uncover the flexibily of BT Parental control or is it really poor?  It seems the only thing I can do is get two phone lines and two wifi connections, one fore parents and one for kids....

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: parental controls

Hi @cmam and welcome.

If you want to limit the amount of tiem the kids are online you might wnat to check out How do I use BT access controls? where you should be able to manage how your device accesses the internet during certain times of the day. Can you take a look and let me know if that helps?

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings