Did you mean: 
Highlighted
casaschi
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

problem creating with SmartTalk setup for a second user

Go to solution

Hello,

I'm using the SmartTalk app on my iPhone since a while without any problem. I have no other user/phone using SmartTalk on the same account, so I thought I should be able to add more (and so says mybt.com). Also on mybt.com the "Block new Sign-ups" is not checked.

Yesterday I tried installing the SmartTalk app on my wife's iPhone; I went through all the security checks (received PIN from the home line, received PIN on phone SMS) all good up to pressing the button to finally setting up the account for the new phone and, after some waiting time, I keep receiving an error message saying something went wrong with the setup, please try again later.

Well, I tried yesterday at different times and this morning also, always the same fail message.

Any hints to make this working?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: problem creating with SmartTalk setup for a second user

Go to solution

The new user must create a new MyBT profile of their own.

0 Ratings
casaschi
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

While setting up the SmartTalk app, I created a BT ID for my wife using her yahoo email address, different from my own BT ID. That was done in the app setup process. I can even login into that BT ID account on mybt.com, however that account is emprty (i.e. not associated with out phone/broadband service that only appears within my BT ID).

What else do I need to do?

0 Ratings
casaschi
Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Mreo info here... I tried to delete the app from the wife's iphone and try again from scratch.

Now when I enter the home phone number during the app setup I get an error message that the setrup can not be completed because there's an open fault report on the account. Thing is, there WAS a fault on the phisical line, however while the fault has been fixed and the line is working fine ar the moment, still the fault reporting system shows the trouble ticket as "in progress". That probably causes the app to fail the setup.

How long does it take for the fault tracking system to close the fault after the openreach engineer actually fixed the problem? My line has been fixed 3 days ago already.

Incidentally, I find it strange that a fault on the line prevents me from registering the SmartTalk app on a phone, after all when your physiscal line is not working and your home phone is dead... well that is when you need the SmartTalk app the most!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Try Help with BT SmartTalk  Phone   0800 011 3845

0 Ratings
casaschi
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

Try Help with BT SmartTalk  Phone   0800 011 3845

I might try that when I'm in a very good mood, however you should not have to call a telecom's customer service for installing a phone app... phone apps should just work...

0 Ratings
casaschi
Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

...and the question remains... why http://bt.com/faults still reports the fault as "in progress" several days after the actual fault on the line has been fixed and the service is operational?

0 Ratings
casaschi
Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution
Been at the phone for more than one hour with the SmartTalk support, reinstalling the app and getting callbacks and so on... Still I can't complete the app setup on the wife's iPhone. Last support guy ended the call suggesting he'll call back later, maybe by then everything will (magically?) work; he probably hopes I'll just give up.
So frustrating and time wasting... Never had to call a support line to get a phone app to work...
0 Ratings
casaschi
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Last update: a SmartTalk support guy told me that everything seems fine on my account for the second user to be configured, however the last step of the app setup constantly fails (and suggests to try again later).

Issue now escalated to higher level, not sure what happens next.

0 Ratings
casaschi
Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Finally managed to setup the app on the wife's phone.

It worked immediately when I used a third email address for the BT ID; apparently something went wrong with the BT ID I created with the wife's email address and using that was not an option.

Problem solved.

PS: I wonder if a mod here could help DELETING the broken BT ID with the wife's usual email address, no point in leaving it behind when unused and broken.

0 Ratings