cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ronecc
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

question about accessing hotspots

I am new to this so please bear with me. I have a laptop so that I can access the internet whilst away. I have the correct package to give me BTfon whilst out of the house.

I tried to connect recently to a BTfon site. The strength was showing three bars. I clicked connect, but nothing happened, no BTfon access page or anything.

The Internet icon in the taskbar says'Connected but no Internet access'

Nothing opened so I could enter my BTfon password.

I am running Windows 7.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong, or not doing at all.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: question about accessing hotspots

Hi Ronecc,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. Are you getting any other error messages? Is this issue with a single hotspot or with a number of them? Can you connect at any other hotspot? Give us as much information as possible, I'm sure we can help.

Cheers

David
Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 6

I'd like to add that I have the same problem - I can see two Openzaone and 1 Fon hotspot (in London) quite often with 5 bars and never less than 3, but cannot connect to any of them on a consistent basis (quite often none of them).

I have no idea whay this would be - I don't believe it's my settings since, without changing them at all, I can connect sometimes.  Internet Exlporer diagnostics tell me that the DNS is not configured on the server (i.e. the hotspot).

0 Ratings
pintosal
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

I too have the same problem.

I phoned in to the Help Desk 0800 022 3322 with the problem. After doing some basic checks I just got a waffly answer, in effect saying "yes, that happens and there is nothing to be done".

Not satisfied with that answer I raised the problem in this post and I'm hoping that someone with the right know how can help.

0 Ratings
Bc1973
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Problems with BT Openzone

Hi all. Why does my connection to BT Openzone never work on my iPhone? When I'm in a 'zone' I get several bars of reception, the phone switches to that network but, if I load a page or try to access my email, I just get the spinning wheel. I've tried 'forgetting' the network and starting again but still no dice.

Am I missing something?

0 Ratings
Bc1973
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

I too never have any joy connecting to Openzone. I get full 'internet reception' but no content. No error messages, just the spinning wheel. (I have an iPhone 4 by the way.)

0 Ratings