cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simonpooley
Message 1 of 4

"Service Upgrade" Rewards email confusion

I am currently on a limited 25gb per month Infinity package.

I received an email out of the blue from BT a few days ago which promised me three free upgrades:

5GB EXTRA
Your broadband allowance has increased by 5GB

We've bumped up your broadband allowance to 25GB. That means each month, you'll be able to stay online 15 hours longer and stream 70 hours more music.

See what else you can do here
BOOSTED VIRUS PROTECTION
We've now added our best ever security

We've upgraded your BT NetProtect Plus. Now you and your friends and family can keep up to 15 devices (laptops or PCs) safe from viruses and other online threats. Plus, you're protected from offline threats such as infected USB sticks. And, from October, you can also choose to protect mobile and tablets as well. Download your upgraded security now.
FASTER REPAIRS
We'll aim to fix things quicker for you

If your phone line has a fault that needs an engineer, we'll aim to sort out the problem 24 hours sooner.

What is really confusing is the "5gb extra" claim. It tells me my allowance has been increased by 5gb to 25gb. But my allowance has always been 25gb?? If it has increased it should now be 30gb?

That would be really handy as the 25gb allowance is hard to stay under.

Can anyone confirm if my allowance is increasing to 30gb? If it is not, why have I received this misleading email?

Thanks,

Simon

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: "Service Upgrade" Rewards email confusion

check MYBT but probably still 25gb

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
simonpooley
Message 3 of 4

Still only says 25gb in MyBT

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

then that is the limit

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings