cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
T1000
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

replacement for myview app / BT TV App recording capability

Myview app has worked perfectly on my BT setup for years. It now gives an error message (YVN5004). Looking that up on the web reveals a YouView webpage that states:

"YouView will be phasing out support for the YouView mobile app with final support ending on the 31st March 2020.  BT are be opening up the remote record functionality within the BT TV app for all YouView users by the end of March. This means that users will be able to book recordings remotely to their YouView box using the BT TV app"

The BT TV app is hard to navigate so I may have missed something. I can only seems to offer live or catchup. Where is that recording functionality hidden - or are BT not actually adding that to their app? 

Thanks

p.s. According to YouView they are making this change "In order to deliver the most innovative TV experience". yeah right. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: replacement for myview app / BT TV App recording capability

Hi @T1000 

Tap 'Live TV', then 'Full TV Listings' and tap on the programme you want to record.

T1000
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Thank you. Very helpful

Within that page is there a search feature to quickly find a program in the same way as there was in the myview app?

0 Ratings
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

I didn't use the Youview app but in the BT app the search is in the top RH corner. It searches catch up, on demand as well as future broadcasts. I've seen better to be honest but we all have different views.

T1000
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Thanks. Didn't seem to work before but does now. Not as good as the previous app but will do the job.

0 Ratings