Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 24

smarttalk

Go to solution

I would appreciate some advice as I have tried contacting BT but, despite speaking to a number of different people,and on-line chat made no progress. 

I am trying to unblock my mobile number on the 'my bt' smart phone settings page by ticking the 'unblock' check box and then clicking on the save button but nothing happens and my number remains blocked.I am also trying to re-register my wifes new mobile but there is an open order on the bt system stopping me from looking at 'my bt' smart phone settings page for set up

I have tried a number of different browsers and devices but the problem persists.

thanks for any help or advice 

0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 24

Re: smarttalk

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 24

Go to solution

thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 24

Go to solution

@peter-felcourt Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Highlighted
Message 5 of 24

Go to solution

Hi @peter-felcourt I called earlier and left a brief voicemail for you. The open order is now closed and there is no active Smart Talk service showing so you should be able to set the service up again from scratch.

Will you please try this and post back to let me know if you get it set up OK or not.

Cheers

John

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 24

Go to solution

Thanks , service now set up on my wife's new phone .

But need to delete blocked user number ending 3952 , and also unblock my number ending 2913 so I can start using again on my new handset .

Thanks for your help 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 24

Go to solution

Hi @peter-felcourt I've checked and the number you have registered is the only one showing now on the service after I unblocked the other numbers. Therefore you should be able to just add the additional number you want the service on and there is no need to delete the unblocked number number you wanted deleted. Please can you add the other number number and post back to let me know if all has been completed successfully. 

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 24

Go to solution

Hello John , Thanks for the help , all now sorted .

Thanks for the work of the moderaters on this forum .Looks like they know what they are doing and promptly .

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 24

Go to solution

Hi I am having exactly the same problem. The online chat help told me the SmartTalk service was discontinued.

Can you help me?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 24

Go to solution

I am having the same problem i.e. setting up SmartTalk on a new phone. Can you help me please? The online chat help told me that SmartTalk has been discontinued?

0 Ratings