cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

switch to Norton - Server Error message

Go to solution

tried to switch to Norton last night as per the BT letter I recieved recently, only to get the Norton Server Error message that others seem to have experienced. I saw one "solution" saying that BTID should be BT email address which it already is (email address of account holder), so thats no the problem. Any suggestions or updates on this issue.

I have been a BT customer for many years, and everything runs smoothly, until something has to change (new hardware/software, change of address, etc) and then it alwasy falls to bits and NEVER runs smoothly (well thats how it is for me!)

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: switch to Norton - Server Error message

Go to solution

Hi @lothianman, thanks for posting, and sorry that you were unable to change over to Norton last night. 

There was a problem causing the Norton server error message last night. It has been resolved now so please try again and let us know how you get on.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for the quick response. will try again tonight when i get home

Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

HI I have the same issue , when trying to install Norton on a PC , with same primary ID : for more than 30 years with BT .

The process was straightforward before: BT Anti Virus > Norton > install software. However, this method is no longer functional for BT Broadband customers to install Norton.

>  Server Error message

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Morning @anandass 

Thanks for coming back to the community. 

Have you tried the steps in our What is BT Virus Protect and how do I get it? page? 

If you have tried this and still receive the error message, please get in touch with our technical support team who will get this looked into for you. 

Leanne. 

0 Ratings