gsxbuzz

Activating bt wi-fi on Samsung Galaxy S2

Hello, I have downloaded the BT Wi-Fi app and when setting up and trying to activate the app, it is not recognising the username or password. Can anyone help?

Sage
imjolly

Re: Activating bt wi-fi on Samsung Galaxy S2

are you using your primary btinternet.com address and password?  only the primary account will work

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
gsxbuzz

yes. I only have 1 bt email address, so use those details to log in with.

Sage
imjolly

[ Edited ]

did you follow the instructions in the sticky 'troubleshooting BTFON problems' by Kerry just above this post

I use an S2 and connect without a problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Contributor
John55810uk

I tried the BT WiFi app on my Galaxy S2 and had nothing but trouble with it so I deleted it and just connect manually using the Android connection tools that are already on the phone.

BTW the problem I had were similar to the op in that the app wouldn't recognise username and password.

For info my phone is running V4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich

Sage
imjolly

I am also running ICS on my S2 and as I said don't have a problem with the btwifi app.  Kerry's help sticky normally works as most people don't select btbroadband customer first before signing in.  The result is the same as just scanning with S2 wifi and then connecting.  I wouldn't bother with btwifi app if having problems

Guru
AllanQuatermain

Like imj I use ICS on the S2; no problems.

You could try settings>wi-fi> and temp delete your hub wi fi an see if it picks up BT wi-fi then.

Not the end of the world though, as we can connect manually.

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."