marchantterry

BT FON App on Android Tablets

I have a tablet based on Android 2.2.  It has been built by the manufacturer with a generic market app installed.  It does not, therefore, recognise that I am downloading from Market in the UK.  Consequently,  I cannot get access to BT FON on my tablet PC with Android Market.  I have tried getting to the app from my web browser on the tablet, but attempts at installation raise the old chestnut "there is no android phone associated with this account"... um, oh yeah - it's a tablet !!  I have rooted my device, tried market enabler, location spoofers, etc., etc., but just cannot get the BT FON app to install.

However, if I could get the BT FON .apk file I can USB it across to my tablet and install with a package manager.  Does anyone know where I can get the .apk file ?  I'd be really pleased if BT could mail it to me !!!  Having access to BT FON would break my tablet free of my house and wired connections

Please, no replies with complicated solutions about running an emulated Android device, copying images with Titanium backup, uploading files to DropBox ;-)

Sage
imjolly

Re: BT FON App on Android Tablets

the app only makes connection a bit easier but if you wifi can pick up the BTFON wifi from a hub then just connect like any other wifi signal   username is your XXXX@btinternet.com and your password.  must be main account as sub accounts do not work.  normally it will remember the wifi connection and connect when in range

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
marchantterry

Thank you - I shall try that.  The whole Android Market thing is so frustrating - why set up an app to check your carrier's location rather than an IP address or geo location ?  Anyway, thanks for you reply

Aspiring Expert
H_Dawg

I totally agree. Checking the location of your carrier is stupid. Permissions for apps etc. should change based on YOUR location, not that of your carrier.