Aspiring Contributor
Jason404

BT Mobile Broadband - is SIM Only available?

[ Edited ]

I'm a  BT Broadband customer.  Can I join BT Mobile Broadband by buying only a SIM? 

My ThinkPad notebook already has a built-in WWAN card (with HSDPA modem and GPS), so I do not need the USB modem dongle (and I already have a couple of those anyway).

Just looking to save a few quid if I can...

Cheers

Community Manager
StephanieG

Re: BT Mobile Broadband - is SIM Only available?

Hi Jason404,

You don't have to have the dongle in order to get BT Total Broadband Anywhere (the dongle is for something else, Mobile Broadband). As you already have a dongle did you want to get a SIM so you can surf via your mobile as well, or did you want it for calls/texts only?

Stephanie

BTCare Community Manager

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Aspiring Contributor
Jason404

[ Edited ]

Hello StephanieG

I am talking about BT Mobile Broadband for my ThinkPad laptop, which already has a built-in 3G modem, so I am asking if it is possible to get BT Mobile Broadband SIM only, without paying the additional money for the dongle.

I'm not asking about calls/text or mobile phones at all. 

Contributor
JacobB

You got a simcard with your Contract Yes/No. A 1GB usage a month.?   The sim cards work in my vodaphone phone. So it will work in your laptop.!   The sim cards can be topped up like Pay & Go. Read through what StephanieG said again, I understand it.!

You should ring BT up and get them to send you a new one if you wish., Otherwise the simcard supplied with your 3G stick will work,. You may need the BT connection manager though. Not sure.

Thank's.

JacobB

JacobB