Contributor
wdpwdp

BT SmartTalk App for Windows 7.5 phone...?

I have a Nokia Lumia 610 mobile phone which runs on Windows 7.5.

When and if will there be a BT SmartTalk version to suit...?

Thank you,

wdpwdp

Aspiring Expert
Peter

Re: BT SmartTalk App for Windows 7.5 phone...?

Could a Mod look into this please?

Sage
imjolly

[ Edited ]

you need to contact the mods 

contact mods

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Guru
pottyperson

imj's link has gone phut. This is it: BT Care Team.

You can click the white star next to this message if you think it was helpful.
Community Manager
StephanieG

Hi wdpwdp,

We checked this for you and I can confirm that we will not be investing in making BT SmartTalk compatible for Windows 7 Mobile, but we’re keeping a close eye on the uptake of Windows Mobile 8.

Stephanie

BTCare Community Manager

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Contributor
wdpwdp

Stephanie,

Thank you for your response.  Pretty disappointed that BT will not be making a Windows 7.5 version available.

Looks like the minority lose out again.  Always thought BT was for everyone.

wdpwdp 

Beginner
Grandad

Also disappointed with BT for not making the app for Windows Phone 7.5. What I don't understand is that they can make a BT WiFi App for Windows Phone 7.5 which I have on my phone, but can't do the same for the BT SmartTalk App as I wouldn't think that there would be much difference between Windows Phone 7.5 (soon to be 7.8) and Windows Phone 8 which they might consider in the future.

Pwj
Pwj

As I hav a Lumia 800 on windows 7.8 on contract for the next year I am pretty unhappy that BT is not writing a smart talk app for windows 7.8

crofter37

Using Nokia Lumia 800 with WP 7.5 soon to be 7.8

Not amused that BT should make this available to some customers and not to others

We all pay the same bills

crofter37

You are obviously not keeping that close an eye on WP uptake or you would see it has increased market share four fold in the last 12 month.

With the uptake of Windows 8, the penetration of Xbox in the home, and Nokia's worldwide distibution setup; windows phone is expected to have around 50% of market share by 2015 (Android the other 50)

People are getting wise to the Apple hype, fur coat and no knickers, as the expression goes.