Contributor
afguk

BT SmartTalk for Windows Phone 8

I have a Nokia Lumia 820 which has Windows Phone 8 installed, i cannot seem to get an answer from anyone in BT regarding this. Are there any plans for this app for WP8?

BT Wi-Fi app was released in November  for WP8 which is a kind of useless app since we have this kind of feature on the phone already. When will this app be available for WP8 as we all have WP8 in this household and it'd be very useful for other customers too...

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

Re: BT SmartTalk for Windows Phone 8

Contributor
wdpwdp

And while you're at it BT...please, please, please...can you provide an App for Windows Phone 7.5.

Thank you,

wdpwdp

Distinguished Guru
pottyperson

wdpwdp wrote:

And while you're at it BT...please, please, please...can you provide an App for Windows Phone 7.5.

Sorry but it's not going to happen. See the link in KB's post above.

You can click the white star next to this message if you think it was helpful.
Expert
Deathtrap3000

pottyperson wrote:

wdpwdp wrote:

Sorry but it's not going to happen. See the link in KB's post above.

Make the app for winphone 7.5 and it will also work for winphone 8. Seems stupid to completely dismiss a platform.

Contributor
afguk

Doesnt seem it would work on WP7 as many apps  designed for WP7.5 do not work on WP8. They simpy need to get this app working on WP8 because i would really find this useful. Im just waiting paitently for this app to come be released.

Expert
Deathtrap3000

afguk wrote:

Doesnt seem it would work on WP7 as many apps  designed for WP7.5 do not work on WP8. They simpy need to get this app working on WP8 because i would really find this useful. Im just waiting paitently for this app to come be released.

New sdk lets devs make apps that work on both platforms. 

Expert
Jonkarra

The problem is the number of people that use windows phone 7 or 8 is tiny, if it was my decision to make I don't think I would invest money in an app for a platform that has so few people using it especially as its an ancillary service and not a revenue generator. Given that blackberry is still ahead the smart money at this moment would be to do an app for blackberry but again the user numbers are so low I doubt it would be worth the investment.

crofter37

At least the market share of Windows Phone is increasing not dying like Apple

Give it another couple of years till all those iPricks realise they've been conned

Unless of course you really do just want a fashion accessory

Contributor
afguk

Is there any updated information on this? If its not being develiped yet just let me know so i can just move my broadband supplier.