Aspiring Contributor
blueman

BT Wifi Invalid Login - Broadband Customer

Hello.

I am a Total Broadband Option 3 Customer

I am using my @btinternet.com email adress and password (all correct)

I have been a customer for more than three years and have secondary @btinternet.com accounts too, which also don't work.

The account holder has changed hands since the broadband+phone account was created

When I try to log into Bt Wifi, or register for BT wifi, I get an invalid login credentials message.

When I try to "opt in" I get invalid login credentials.

All troubleshooting steps (Resetting passwords), using the app on android, IOS windows 8 or from the login page on any device or laptop fail to get me anywhere.

Distinguished Guru
gg30340

Re: BT Wifi Invalid Login - Broadband Customer

I had a problem where I was on total broadband option 3 but it was showing in my BTYahoo "My Account & Billing" that I was on option 1. This meant that I was not able to log into BTWifi. I had to contact the billing department to have then change "My Account & Billing" to show I was on Option 3 before I could use BTWifi.

The secondary email accounts won't work. It is only the primary email account that can use BTWifi.

The log on is the primary email address and password. It is case sensitive.

If you check and its not that then you could contacting the BTWifi help desk. Give this number a call,08000223322 it is the customer service

"If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, click the white star"
Sage
Keith_Beddoe

You can only login using the account holder primary e-mail account and password. If you are not the account holder, then you you will not have these details.

BT do not allow a change of account holder, without cancelling the existing one, and opening a new account.

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Contributor
nb105

I had the same problem,I solved by signing into My BT selecting Setup BT Wi-fi then check my status then enter your BT E-mail click forgot my password,you then set any passwod you want for BT Wi-fi.this does not change your BT password.I now have different passwords signing into my BT account and BT Wi-fi

Aspiring Contributor
mark_s

But why don't BT allow users of secondary emails to login to BT Wi-Fi??

I have a joint BT account with my partner, but can't use BT Wi-Fi as she has the primary email.

Makes no sense to me!!

Sage
imjolly

I agree so add your support here  http://community.bt.com/t5/Ideas-Bank/Secondary-access-for-BT-FON-and-Openzone/idi-p/255445

you can always use your partners signin to access bt wifi - 2 people can access at same time with primary email address

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Guru
pottyperson

mark_s wrote:

But why don't BT allow users of secondary emails to login to BT Wi-Fi??

Probably because it was introduced before it became compulsory for everyone to carry a mobile device at all times. Extending it to sub accounts has often been suggested but there's been no discernable movement on that by BT.

I have a joint BT account with my partner, but can't use BT Wi-Fi as she has the primary email.

It's news to me that BT do joint accounts. If that's the case there's nothing to stop you using the primary account details on another device.

You can click the white star next to this message if you think it was helpful.
Aspiring Contributor
mark_s

[ Edited ]

Sorry - let me clarify.

Our BT landline, broadband & youview account is in my partner's name. So she has the primary email address and I have the secondary email address. I think of it as a joint account - we both use it, and the bill is paid out of our joint bank account. But I guess technically it's her account.

We don't know each others' paswords, so I can't use BT Wi-Fi.

Thanks imjolly - will add my support to that link.

Sage
imjolly

normally if you got your partner to enter her password into your phone then it shows as ******* so you can't see the actual password but it would allow access to btwifi

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Aspiring Contributor
mark_s

that assumes my partner is with me at the time