Aspiring Contributor
colster

Btinternet and Bt yahoo calendar and contacts failure

[ Edited ]

I have set up my btinternet account on my iphone using the Yahoo account options under "add account". It has working perfectly (email, calendar and contacts) and as BT services are powered by yahoo this should continue to be the case. But for the past month or since ios 5 was released(?), now the calendar and contacts don't sync at all. In fact, the calender doesn't load up at all. I have even set them up separately as Caldav (calendar) and carddav (contacts) but neither works.

I have deleted all the accounts, and started again but still nothing works. In fact I have resorted to having to use hotmail calendar now because of the prbblems. Not ideal when all your contacts and emails are with btinternet.

I contacted yahoo who because it is a btinternet email address would not help and said that I had to contct BT. Now how can BT help when the service is powered by yahoo?!

Has anybody else had such issues and how did you reslove them?

Community Manager
StephanieG

Re: Btinternet and Bt yahoo calendar and contacts failure

Hi colster,

Please send us an email with your details so we can take a closer look at this.

You can get our "Contact us" link by clicking on my username.

Thanks,

Stephanie
BTCare Community Manager

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Aspiring Contributor
colster

[ Edited ]

Thank you, I have filled in the form and submitted it.

Aspiring Contributor
colster

Well I had a response back from BT Yahoo which is to be honest quite disgraceful.The response was

"We do not support Calendar or any feature for BT Yahoo! on Iphone, PDA devices. For more information please visit http://mobile.yahoo.com"

Now I have already been in touch with Yahoo who sent me back to BT so who am I supposed to go to next?

Ashburton

I have exactly the same problem and also find that my Iphone lists 2 BT Yahoo Calendars, neither of which syncs either way.

I am using an IPhone4, OS 5 and have follwed the follwoing instruction re Synching on the BT Yahoo Calendar help System:

Can I sync BT Yahoo! Calendar with my iPhone and iPod Touch over the air?

If you are running iPhone 3.0 software or newer, you will be able to sync your BT Yahoo! Calendar to your iPhone or iPod Touch without plugging into your computer. You can check your current version by going to Settings, then choose General. From there, select About, then Version on your iPhone or iPod Touch device.

If you are running iPhone 4.x software or newer:

1. Go to your iPhone or iPod Touch settings application.
  2. Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
  3. If you have a BT Yahoo! Mail account setup click on that account and turn Onthe Calendar sync option.
  4. If you do not have an account setup you, click Add Accountand then click BT Yahoo!.
  5. Fill in the fields requested and click Next.
  6. If you are successfully logged in you will be allowed to turn on and off specific sync services. Make sure Calendar is in the Onposition.
  7. The next time you open up your iPhone or iPod Touch Calendar you will see a page allowing you to select which BT Yahoo! Mail layer you would like to view or edit.

Help!

lester0212

Why has my Calendar disappeared?

Sage
imjolly

this thread is 18 month old!

my calendar is showing fine on BTyahoo homepage - or are you now on new BT.com home page (no yahoo)

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Guru
AllanQuatermain

Try playiing around, and then perhaps chosing Google Calendar as another option.  Yahoo is on the way out for BT anytime soon :smileywink:

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."