Beginner
wolstan_dixie

FON LOGIN

I am a 'Fonero' - that is I own a Fon router at home. This should allow me to login to any BT WiFi hotspot free. I am away from home and have been successfully using a BT HomeHub Fon WiFi hotspot near me for some time. My Fon router is online at home.

Suddenly, about 3 week ago, when I login on to the landing page (using my Fon login details), the landing page is re-displayed with an error box -

'It is currently not possible to login, please try again later. Error code (Code 302)'

I am doing nothing different from when it worked perfectly. I have tried three different hotspots with the same result.

I have the impression the landing page has been altered slightly - have BT been working on the Fon login?

What is the problem? What does the error mean? I need to connect. Any help gratefully received!

Distinguished Guru
pottyperson

Re: FON LOGIN

Try the BT Wi-Fi helpdesk on 0800 022 33 22. If that doesn't get you anywhere, please return here.

You can click the white star next to this message if you think it was helpful.
Beginner
wolstan_dixie

Alas - I would not have come here if I had had satisfaction there! It may be a personality deficiency, but I find I do not like talking to people on the telephone sitting in front of customer support expert systems who don't really know what I am talking about. I prefer a clear text answer to a clear text question.

Unfortunately, as FON is 'free', and the usage must be tiny, it seems that no one knows much about it or has any incentive to. Once they have said 'What is the serial number of your HomeHub?' and I have explained that I don't have one, and am not actually a BT Broadband customer, they tend to loose interest.

My purpose in posting here was partially to see if anyone else said 'Yes, that's happening to me too'. If some techie in the bowels of BT is fiddling with the FON login, it is so little used that it may be that they don't realise it is not working, or they haven't told anyone else they are doing it. I need to know if it is a general problem, or specific to me.

davidfielder

Exactly the same thing has happened to me recently. I'd be interested to know what is causing this and the solution

Distinguished Guru
pottyperson

This is essentially a customer to customer help and advice forum, and posts do not necessarily get the attention of anyone in BT. If you've tried the helpline as suggested above, in the absence of any further response from customers I would try the BT Care Team. They are the moderators who oversee the forum and might be able to help; they may take a few days to respond but you will get an immediate online acknowledgement with a reference number to note in case you need to follow up.

You can click the white star next to this message if you think it was helpful.
Maccross

Hi there,

I'm actually not a BT - FON user , BUT I am a ZON-FON user - Portugal.

I had this exact same issue, and I found out a FIX!!!!

Actually in my case it was the most STUPID thing in the world:

- By mistake I put a "space" on the end of the username/adress - "...@gmail.com "

Istead of getting a message for "Incorrect user name" I got:

"It is currently not possible to login, please try again later. (Code 302)"

Stinky sons of "#$%#*" !!!!!! :-/

Conclusion: I looked around for a fix on google, and this forum was about the only place some one was adressing the issue. So I registered just to let you guys know of what worked for me.

Cheers,