Sage
imjolly

Free 60 minutes of mobile calls each month

[ Edited ]

with the new charges due 4 January 2014 there is a change to smarttalk in that you will now get 60 minutes of free mobile calls each month for each user max 5 users

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=35287

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Sage
Keith_Beddoe

Re: Free 60 minutes of mobile calls each month

[ Edited ]

Does that mean that any calls made, will not show up on your bill, even if you just have a basic weekend only package I wonder?

That would go some way towards the loss of free calls when BBT is ceased.

I see it says

"Terms apply. Offer ends 31 January 2014 – 60 minutes of free calls per month throughout 2014 for BT SmartTalk customers. Each user (up to a maximum of 5) registered against your BT SmartTalk account will get the first 60 minutes of chargeable calls they make using the BT SmartTalk service free. Unused monthly allowance cannot be carried over to the following month or transferred between users on a single account. Value of free calls for each user will be shown on the account holder's bill and total value will be applied as a discount."

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Sage
imjolly

it does not clarify whether mobile calls are only free at the same time as landline calls are free  i.e.

if only weekend landline calls free does that also apply to mobile calls

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Sage
Keith_Beddoe

At present, if i use my mobile to make SmartTalk calls during the weekend, they are free.

The implication is that the 60 minutes would apply any time, but is not going to be any advantage to anyone with an Anytime plan.

I guess its just to encourage more people to use SmartTalk.

Its confusing, because it could mean 60 mins free calls TO mobiles, especially where it says Mobile Calls.

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Sage
imjolly

Keith

from reading the legal stuff it is calls to mobile phones using smarttalk that will now be free for 60 minutes a month.  the question is when - anytime or when your package has free calls - as in only at weekends if that is when calls are free with the phone package

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

Like many things with BT, its never very clear. But you could be right about the mobile calls.

I get 50 minutes free on my normal mobile number, but I doubt very much I would make an additional 60 minutes of call to mobiles, unless I go out of my way to call my family on their mobile numbers, which they do seem to prefer anyway.

Sage
imjolly

[ Edited ]
as I said before I see te big advantage of smarttlak the ability to phone from abroad so this, if I read it correctly, will give me 60 minutes of free calls to uk mobiles while I am abroad

if you read the link I posted it does say it will say your mobile allowance
Sage
Keith_Beddoe

It does appear to be the case. I will have to get my wife's PAYG HTC phone registered, as she pays 50p a minute for calls at the moment. Luckily she mainly receives calls, and makes very few O/G calls, because of the cost.

Beginner
GorgeousWoman

When I signed up to this last week I was told that 60 minutes free per month included using my smartphone to call other mobiles.

However, the leaflet that arrived with my phone bill did not mention calling other mobiles.

I have just had a rather 'difficult' conversation with a man at BT who insists that I cannot have 6o minutes a month free to other mobiles, but will be able to make these calls at the same rate as I can from my landline on the Anytime tariff.

Therefore, since I have  an Anytime plan which means my £7 per month pays for all landline and 0870 and 0845 numbers, I really have little idea of what I am getting for free on my mobile smartphone.

Does the 60 minutes free mean then that I can phone landlines, 0870 and 0845 numbers for free from my smartphone for a total of 60 minutes per month and then any call to these numbers will be charge to my landline number?  I fail to see how that will work if I am on the Anytime plan.  

Does anybody actually know how this works or is it all just hopeful speculation?

Even BT employees do not seem to know what their products are all about.

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

[ Edited ]

My leaflet from BT Says.

"You can save money on calls from your mobile to 0870, 0845, 0800 numbers, UK landlines or mobiles"

This is from 4th Jan 2014.

If you are on the anytime plan, then your only gain would be the free 60 minute calls to mobiles. That is how I see it.

I am on just the basic free weekends, so I will be taking full advantage of this :smileywink: