Beginner
carlblakemore

Re: How to connect a PS3 to BT Openzone or Bt FON

John. thanks for the info on usage of btw openzone. i only wish to access the web from Ps3. Not online gaming. but can do neither without obtaining an ipod address!

Has anyone actually found a solution to the Ps3 not obtaining an ipod address from btw openzone? Thanks
Sage
john46

you will need to open your web browser then log in to openzone once you have completed the log in procedure you should be able to browse web sites
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
samjohn1234

worked brilliant for me thanks

Beginner
carlblakemore

Hi, I dont get issued an ip address so cannot open a broswer window to enter a log in password, thats the initial problem!

Aspiring Expert
Ewaawoowaa

OP you are an absolute legend.

I am now watching lovefilm on my ps3 via openzone.

chorleyt88

Im still struggling to get the BT openzone webpage up.

I've done all you mentioned and on the internet browser I get the following:

The page cannot be displayed (80710102)

Any ideas on my next move?

craigio

I get the same blank white screen and "The page cannot be displayed (80710102)" message. Have you had any further luck chorley88?
rmappin

I had the same issue with not being able to obtain an IP address. There is a work around to this.

What i did was connect my computer to bt openzone so that it could obtain an IP address its self. I then opened Command Prompt which allowed me to see the following information:

IP Address

Subnet Mask

Default Gateway

DNS PRI/SEC

with this information you can go back to your PS3 and open network settings. Then follow these steps:

custom

wireless

scan

bt openzone

ssid - leave as default

IP Address - Manual

IP Address - +1/-1 from your computers IP address (eg 10.114.81.244)

Subnet Mask - The one from the command prompt on your PC (eg 255.255.248.0)

Default Gateway - The one from the command prompt on your PC (eg 10.114.80.1)

Primary DNS - The one from the command prompt on your PC (eg 192.168.22.22)

Secondary DNS - The one from the command prompt on your PC (eg 192.168.22.23)

Then leave everything else to automatic/do not use.

you will be asked to test your connection. You will find that you will obtain the IP address straight away and the internet connection will fail after some time.

After this go to your web browser and you should be presented with the BT Openzone login page. I do not know if this works with BT FON or BT WIFI as i only use Openzone but i would imagine that this fix should rectify issues from all the different BT hotspots.

I looked into the reason why some PS3's were able to automatically get an IP address and others werent and found that it depends on the NIC inside the PS3 and that it was mainly the newer slim line consoles that had this issue.

mattyhinchy

[ Edited ]

Yes it does work im online on my ps3 now an its fine all i done on internet connection was choose bt fon which iv registered with. Go on easy, everything else automatic then it will find the ip but wont connect to internet but then go back go to internet search, sign in to you bt fon or whatever you use, back out then sign in then your online. Im not too sure what the speeds are but mine seems ok had no lagging or anything 

saintchinwe

Wow! It worked. Thanks