Aspiring Expert
miskmask
Accepted Solution

No Anti-virus Software on Touch 2?

Is it right that there's no AV or wirewall software on my new Touch 2 mobile? Is it safe to use without it?

Regards,

Contributor
TobyCoaster

Re: No Anti-virus Software on Touch 2?

As far as im aware there is no AV installed , i did try kaspersky mobile AV but it drained the battery so i removed it

Aspiring Expert
miskmask

Thanks, TobyCoaster, for the reply. I'm also finding the battery not nearly as robust as my 620, but I do love my new touch 2. I assume from your reply that you also have a Touch 2?

I've configured my email for text and to not automatically download any attachments, so I reckon that I'm as safe as I can be whilst avoiding any unfamiliar email addresses. Are you running your mobile without AV or a firewall now?

Regards,

Aspiring Expert
AlunH

The way I understand it, there's no real point in AV on WM phones as there aren't a lot of viruses written for it.  I supose the problematic situation would be then transfering files from your phone to your PC, but your PC AV should catch anything then.

I'm a bit surprised about your batteryu issue... my Touch2 is so much better than my old S710, and thats with BT, wi-fi and the bigger screen running.  It gets recharged every night and is only switched on when I'm awake... at the end of each day I have around 55% to 60% (few phone calls, a few texts, and emails every 15 mins).  Try discharging completely, give it an overnight recharge (whilst switched off) and see how it goes then... I think the manual states that battery performance will improve after a few discharge/recharge cycles.

Cheers
Alun

"Can a leopard change it's shorts?" - T Prattchet
Aspiring Expert
miskmask

Hi Alun,

Thanks for that. Good to know.

Re battery life. I'm on my first charge, so I suspect future ones will increase longevity. My 620's battery life was brilliant; only needed to charge it once a week with it on the entire time. Looks like I'll be charging Touch2's more often but still not worth grumbling about. It was just a comment rather than a grumble.

Are you using a miniSD card with your mobile?

Regards.

Aspiring Expert
AlunH

miskmask wrote:

Are you using a miniSD card with your mobile?

Yep, just took the old one out of my S710, it's an 8Gb SDHC type.

Aspiring Expert
miskmask

w
What do use your SD card for mostly; pictures, music?
Aspiring Expert
Raid1968

Don't worry to much about AV as Alun says not many viruses written for mobiles and even then usually transfered through bluetooth.
Live by the rule of " if it is from someone you don't know or your not sure whether to download, delete it " simples
Aspiring Expert
miskmask

That's a very reminder of a basic rule that everyone should follow. Thanks, Raid. :smileyhappy:
Aspiring Expert
AlunH

I tend to use the card for all sorts... I have music on it, but mainly listen to audiobooks (that are on it too).  I also have it as the default location for my photos, I instal some of the programs on it and also keep a copy of the cabs on there too, incase I have to reinstall.  I also have some videos on there, and ebooks (a touch of Sherlock Holmes at the mo')... that's it pretty much, I try to keep the phone memory as free as possible, so stuff just gets dumped on the card.

Cheers

Alun